Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Classic mufflers replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 AM
alicefred
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Classic mufflers replacement

I am planning to replace the stock mufflers on my Road King Classic. I have never done this task ever before, so I am looking forward to take advantage of the expertise on this board. I searched around and found many different brands are available in the market to choose from. Does anyone know what's the difference between Rinehart, Rush and Vance & Hines mufflers besides the price?

Your inputs will be helpful.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:17 AM
paguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. There is a sponsor on this site, Fuelmoto. You can purchase a complete stage 1, mufflers, fuel management, and air cleaner for about the same price as other manufacturers mufflers alone. If you just want the mufflers they are called jackpot dyno tuned. There are two different size baffles that provides a balanced sound.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:38 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

I evaluated many slipons. I have owned V&H and Rinehart in the past.

I run Bub7 slipons on this Road King ('09) and I absolutely love them. i can't tell you how many compliments I get on the sound (deep powerful)...and the look. Build quality is excellent. FuelMoto does not carry them (Bub moved away from a good dealer channel program some time ago).

So ended-up buying the Bub7 slipon mufflers from one source and got the PC-V and Stage 1 AC from FuelMoto. They of course sent me the PC-V mapped for my bike with my pipes of choice.

This is very surely one of the top 3 topics (pipes generally) on these forums. If you search almost any related term ("slipons", "pipes", etc.) you will get more results than you could read in a week.

Have fun...

Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

My Rush were great. Moderately loud, deep tone. Just got tired of the look. V&H ovals are currently on my RKC and wife's RKC. A little louder then the Rush but a lighter tone. Will be installing V&H Monster Ovals next weekend which are normally considered just a little louder then stock but I have true duals, tuner and adding cams later so my hope is they will be a good mix of loud but not obnoxious.

On the wife's bike we have done nothing to the engine/fuel system except add the V&H ovals. Runs great and sounds great with no tuning. If you are going for looks and a bit more HD sound then stock research all you can (ebay is good for viewing) then narrow it to the ones you like the look of. Then you can narrow further in here using search, contacting Fuel Moto, Dr. V Twin, etc. Just my

Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your RKC? If it's an '11 you have a CAT in the header which will kill sound. If it's '10 or older, you are golden. YouTube clips are a "decent" starting point, but will not give a true representation of the deepness of the sound, but it will do an acceptable job of sampling the tone....

I went with V&H Ovals on my FLHX, love em. But I also like Rinehart, Rush, and Bassani... There are a ton factors to consider too....look, quality of chrome, etc.

I wouldn't get too wraped around the axel about it....you'll end up swapping them out many times...LOL

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
PWFD
Road Master

I'm a big fan of the SuperTrapp SE's or the Screamin Eagle Thunder Street Performance Muffles which are the SuperTrapp SE's with the Screamin Ealge logo on them. Great sound and choice of endcaps for your style. Here is the link: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

2010 RKC's have cats, too. 09 california emissions bikes have them, 09 federal does not.

I went with V&H fishtails on mine, still waiting for them to show up...

Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hougz79
If it's '10 or older, you are golden.
The 2010's have a catalyst in the head pipes as well.