Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letter To Harley Davidson CEO Keith Wendell

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:24 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by smokindave
I'll get flamed for this but, here goes anyway. Having rode leaking Panheads, Shovelheads and living through the AMF years (owning 3), I have been never been stranded as some say along the road. I have had parts fall off (fixed with wire found along the road), hot oil sprayed on my legs and even had a vlv bend pushing the pushrod out through the pushrod tube. I have always fixed whatever went wrong on my bikes because it's my passion in life and maybe some of you just won't understand that. And here you guys are talking bad about some of the BEST Harleys ever made. Many here can't even change their own oil and then come on here and bitch. Do yourselves (and the rest of us) a favor and go buy something else that you think is perfect instead of bitchen here. This isn't a forum to air your individual complaints but, a forum to discuss issues and how to FIX THEM. Remember this is a hobby, not a crusade for those that feel they have been wronged.
Good job Dave. I must say that I also am dissapointed with my '09 Ultra for various reasons (won' go into it here) but my first bike was a BSA Victor in 1967. Now if you haven't lived through trying to start a one lung English motorcyle, riding it until your hands and feet go numb from vibration, keeping a carb tuned, even as you ride down the street, and working on Lucas electrics, then you haven't experienced a "real" motorcycle. These modern bikes are great if you have the long view of from where we came. None the less, I do agree with the OP in that I have had very poor experiences with several dealers "service" departments. The official line is "we can't duplicate the problem". The new bikes do have problems and I do believe Harly is slipping a little, only time will tell. I am still thankful that I can go out into the garage, and First there is a motorcycle in the garage and Second that I can mash a button and ride away, WOW how easy can it get.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
wkenddad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately once he installed the power commander he voided the Factory waranty.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wkenddad
Unfortunately once he installed the power commander he voided the Factory waranty.
Fortunately that's not true. He only voided the warranty on any defects caused by installing the Power Commander.