Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner of a 93 Electra Glide Sport, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New owner of a 93 Electra Glide Sport, have a few questions

I just traded my 99 sporty 883 and a 74 ironhead, for a 93 FLHS, Electra Glide Sport (pretty much just a Road King, which harley did change to in 94), But anyway, This thing has 68,000 miles on it, and although the previous owner appeared to have taken pretty good care of it, This think has a top end rattle/ticking like no other, no matter if cold, hot, whatever, and does it thoughout all RPM ranges.

I've tried 2 different kinds and weights of oil, and added some Lucas oil treatment, to no avail. I know this thing has fixed length push rods, so would an adjustable set suit me well, to maybe tighten up the valve clearances a bit? I mean, at 68,000, things are probably pretty well worn, and the noise definately sounds like excessive rocker to valve clearance.

I know Harley motors make a bit of noise, but my EVO sporty with 20,000 miles was as quiet as a mouse. I can't deal with my bagger sounding like a Cummins diesel.

On an unrelate note, does anyone have a used batwing fairing for sale, or know where I can get the complete inner/outer assembly? I don't like an un-faired glide. The windshield BS has got to go.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

Old 11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should post this thread on the EVO forum, They will help you for sure. The EVO motor is an easy work on motor and is a TANK as far as repairs , they last forever. Look for a Batwing fairing(in/out) on E bay, they have a ton on there. Worst situation if you can not find one get a Memphis Shades Batwing for about $330 ? But I think you will find a HD Batwing on Ebay. Good Luck

Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
ryanek9freak
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, I've found alot of just the outer shell, but I was sorta looking for the whole thing, inner/outer, mounting brackets etc. Don't care about the stereo and speakers, I'm gonna run my own stuff anyway.