Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/581105-inner-fairing-paint-recommendations-flhtk.html)

tincup64 11-10-2010 06:55 AM

inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk

considering installing a painted inner fairing. i have a 2010 flhtk flame blue/vivid black.

options:

vivid black - is it really worth the effort using the same color? i'm doing it myself. they look great in pictures and in person, just trying to value it.

flame blue - is it too much blue on the bike? will it get tiring? leaning this way but have trepidation.

leave it alone - i'm doing alot to my bike this winter. i am swapping handlebars to sweepers, so i thought if i am going to do inner fairing ever, may as well do it at the same time. could just leave it alone as it looks like a big job.

what say you? thx - tin

wwceaton 11-10-2010 07:04 AM

Do the blue, my riding buddy just did his with this color and it looks great, realy stands out..

Shrug 11-10-2010 08:10 AM

Go Blue. You'll love how it stands out in a crowd.

Jerry55 11-10-2010 08:18 AM

I had never thought of painting the inner fairing and I have the same color scheme, but now I am thinking winter project..... I would love to see a picture if you go with the blue. Go for it!

Mike 11-10-2010 08:37 AM

I'd definitely go with the blue. It will really pop, and give your bike a custom look.

jamesroadking 11-10-2010 09:06 AM

I too, have an '10 Limited in the flame blue / vivid black and was thinking the same thing. Saw an ad on the Jacksonville, Fl. Craigslist with nice pics that advertises removing, painting and reinstallation of the inner faring for $300

Buzzsaw 11-10-2010 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Go with the Blue, you won't regret it...depending on the color and supplies, you can get it painted at local painter for about $100-150 depending on where you live. (I paid $125) Great addition to the bike...

This is the Deep Cobalt Blue, just after I did this project 2 years ago...

Peppa1 11-10-2010 09:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I think you should do a 2 tone inner. Take a look at mine. 2 tones help break up the colors and lets you show off both of the colors in the bike. Solid color bikes just don't do it for me so when I decided to do the inner I didn't want to use the single colors that HD offers.

TheRainMan 11-10-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Peppa1 (Post 7517071)
I think you should do a 2 tone inner. Take a look at mine. 2 tones help break up the colors and lets you show off both of the colors in the bike. Solid color bikes just don't do it for me so when I decided to do the inner I didn't want to use the single colors that HD offers.

That 2-tone looks great. Did you do this yourself ot have it professionally done?

Peppa1 11-10-2010 10:11 AM

I had it painted by Fatbaggers and they installed it along with new J&M 7.25 speakers and the white face gauges at Biketoberfest in Daytona. Nice bunch of guys to work with.