Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:55 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk

considering installing a painted inner fairing. i have a 2010 flhtk flame blue/vivid black.

options:

vivid black - is it really worth the effort using the same color? i'm doing it myself. they look great in pictures and in person, just trying to value it.

flame blue - is it too much blue on the bike? will it get tiring? leaning this way but have trepidation.

leave it alone - i'm doing alot to my bike this winter. i am swapping handlebars to sweepers, so i thought if i am going to do inner fairing ever, may as well do it at the same time. could just leave it alone as it looks like a big job.

what say you? thx - tin

Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 AM
wwceaton
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the blue, my riding buddy just did his with this color and it looks great, realy stands out..

Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go Blue. You'll love how it stands out in a crowd.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Jerry55
Intermediate

I had never thought of painting the inner fairing and I have the same color scheme, but now I am thinking winter project..... I would love to see a picture if you go with the blue. Go for it!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd definitely go with the blue. It will really pop, and give your bike a custom look.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

I too, have an '10 Limited in the flame blue / vivid black and was thinking the same thing. Saw an ad on the Jacksonville, Fl. Craigslist with nice pics that advertises removing, painting and reinstallation of the inner faring for $300

Old 11-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

Go with the Blue, you won't regret it...depending on the color and supplies, you can get it painted at local painter for about $100-150 depending on where you live. (I paid $125) Great addition to the bike...

This is the Deep Cobalt Blue, just after I did this project 2 years ago...

Attached Thumbnails inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk-dash2.jpg  
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you should do a 2 tone inner. Take a look at mine. 2 tones help break up the colors and lets you show off both of the colors in the bike. Solid color bikes just don't do it for me so when I decided to do the inner I didn't want to use the single colors that HD offers.

Attached Thumbnails inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk-new-fairing-and-windshield.jpg   inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk-new-fairing-1.jpg  
Old 11-10-2010, 10:01 AM
TheRainMan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppa1
I think you should do a 2 tone inner. Take a look at mine. 2 tones help break up the colors and lets you show off both of the colors in the bike. Solid color bikes just don't do it for me so when I decided to do the inner I didn't want to use the single colors that HD offers.
That 2-tone looks great. Did you do this yourself ot have it professionally done?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I had it painted by Fatbaggers and they installed it along with new J&M 7.25 speakers and the white face gauges at Biketoberfest in Daytona. Nice bunch of guys to work with.

Quick Reply: inner fairing paint recommendations flhtk