Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Gold Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 PM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the color I have always wanted since they came out with it. Just got my wish back in Aug. It had a couple of dings that needed touch up paint. Both were about the size of eraser on a pencil. Thought the 2 stage touch up paint would be a pain, but both the dings disappeared. The one ding I did screw up and got the paint a lil too thick but it is still hard to see it blends so well. Who ever had the bike before didn't believe in washing the bike much less wax. But after I buffed and wax it and got the chrome polished the wife said it don't look like the same bike and it looks new now. In the past week now I've had 2 people in parking lots say Hey nice bike! And I don't have any bling on it yet so it must shine.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:44 AM
isac
Road Master

No problems at all here..love that color..but after a long days ride I notice all the bugs on the white half on the front fairing and the lowers a little more because it is just white , so every ride ends up with a micro fiber towel soaked in hot water and a good wipe. And a funny part with a white bike is that the cagers sometimes think they have a cop bike in their mirrors and always slows down when I pull up behind them.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:13 AM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My roadking is that color...and its held up great

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,434 Likes on 21,388 Posts

I probably would have chose white had it been offered for the 09's.
Silver isn't a bad color either for not showing the dirt.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:46 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I love mine! Always looks clean!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 AM
mikesth
Cruiser

I will echo everyone else's comments. Easy to keep clean, bugs show more and I too have been mistaken for a cop bike more than once. Would I do it again...yup!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 AM
JOE33060
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the way mine looks in the sun. Ater rides I always use Bug Slide and wipe her down so shes never too dirty. I love the way she sparkles in the sun and the lights in the garage.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 AM
smat45
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ride on! easy easy clean up...and the cop factor is pretty funny too!

smat

Old 11-20-2010, 09:34 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by isac
And a funny part with a white bike is that the cagers sometimes think they have a cop bike in their mirrors and always slows down when I pull up behind them.
Had this happen over and over too. Hehe!

I was teased endlessly by several buddies for not getting a "real" Harley, meaning black.

One good freind stopped the teasing and has complemented the "classy" paint job.

The real reason goes back to the original owner who was injured riding a black bike that wasn't seen. So when replacing it after the accident he wanted to use everything he could to be seen including starting with a white bike. He added up front spots that fried the charging system, and 6 bullet brake lights that would discharge the battery everytime you braked.

I upgraded the charging system and replaced the brake lights with LED bulbs which dropped the current load by a lot. Everything works right now.

So do you also feel that white is a better color to be seen on?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 07 has held up great.. It's not that hard at all to keep clean. Being that colour freaks some cagers out when you come up beside them....lol

Quick Reply: White Gold Pearl?