Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

led tour pak light kit 67931-11 review

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
dieseldan
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default led tour pak light kit 67931-11 review

have seen several postings about tour pak led up grades... I have finished a install and a few notes to those looking to do this install. The hardest part will be from start to finish so get ready for taking some time and be careful. The original light kit on the ultra is attached with a 6 nuts the antenna lead ends and two friction clips at the ends of the corners. The rough part is the seam sealer used to seal the tail light housing to the tour pak. cut it pull it with plyers heat it does not matter it is dificult to remove and if you are forceful you can damage the old light bar or the tour pak. take your time!!! I installed this kit 67931-11 on a 09 ultra. not sure if 09 is different than the rest of the ultras made or maybe mine is different??? The wiring harness directions were not correct for either end. the bike end is a 6 pin AMP plug that you must install the wire with the pins in the correct order through. I suggest you probe your bike and provided harness to determine the correct config as the instructions are not correct. The end that plugs into the LED lights in the new light bar has two wires in the instructions that are switch too. the blue and violet wires in psition 2 and 3 need to be reversed to work properly. If you do not determine the pin config and you install the pns into the connectors and you find you have to unisntall then you will wish you check everything before you snapped the wires into the connectors for sure. Even with the correct tools it is dificult to unclip the wires from the connectors. One other note the new LED ligt bar does cover up all the holes that were used on the old original bar, but you will need to drill 4 new holes for the mounting studs. The one draw back and the one that bothers me the most is the new bar is slightly shorter and the configuration/shape of the bar is diferent around the antenna area leaving a reviel left behind by the larger original bar in the paint. So even if you use a light componding and polish you can see the outline of the previous light bar around the new light bar. why? most likly becuse nothing is perfect in the word and Harley had to remind us of that???

Over all asside from the frustration and time to get this as close to perfect as I am accustomed to the look is very nice and the extra lighting it provides is surly a positive saftey issue.

Last edited by dieseldan; 12-05-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spell a few words wrong??
Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
badknees
Road Master

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr you could get the led kit from here http://www.customdynamics.com/hd_tou...LED_Taillights
All you have to do is heat up the lense from the outside remove it plug in the 96 LED boards and reinstall the lenses.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:08 PM
dieseldan
2nd Gear
Default it is all about the look

Looked into that kit and truly did consider, but I was not into the look that that led kit had. A short cut today is tomorrows disapointment?