Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ultra Limited Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
big ears
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been thinking about the 204 cam for my 09 96 ci ultra. Will it work with only the stage one?

Old 12-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by big ears
Been thinking about the 204 cam for my 09 96 ci ultra. Will it work with only the stage one?
That's a good question, which the outcome would be based in part on the efficiency of your exhaust. Hopefully one of the experts here can answer that one.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
Congrats!! Looks Great! Hope my current 103/Andrews 54H build w/head work looks that good!
You should do much better, since most of your power will come from the head work. Let us know how it comes out & the pipes you'll be using. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by big ears
I don't exactly understand your question. Stage I air cleaner? or Stage I download? There has been a few guys recently who have been using the 204 cams in 96 bikes with good results.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:06 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
You should do much better, since most of your power will come from the head work. Let us know how it comes out & the pipes you'll be using. Thanks!
Pipes are Rinehart TD's and I love the sound so won't be changing them. The tuner is a PC-V w/ auto tune that worked so well when the SE255 cams were installed I never had it dyno tuned. Got a new map for this build from Fuel Moto so, if the auto tune works as well this time I most likely will not dyno again. Bikes back together, just waiting for the heads to come back from Bean at www.bigboyzheadporting.com and install the new map!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pipes are Rinehart TD's and I love the sound so won't be changing them. The tuner is a PC-V w/ auto tune that worked so well when the SE255 cams were installed I never had it dyno tuned. Got a new map for this build from Fuel Moto so, if the auto tune works as well this time I most likely will not dyno again. Bikes back together, just waiting for the heads to come back from Bean at www.bigboyzheadporting.com and install the new map!
if u dont mind me asking how much did it cost you and what exactly did he do. or how far did he go.
Rick

Old 12-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm thinking about sending my heads in to Deweys this winter. I should probably do a before/after dyno to add to the collective database. I'm also using the PCV autotune, which has worked well. I don't feel a need for a dyno tune, but it's nice to see how cost effective your mods actually are. Seat of the pants feel is great as far as it goes, but the "butt dyno" is a notoriously inaccurate measuring device.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:53 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadgliderick
if u dont mind me asking how much did it cost you and what exactly did he do. or how far did he go.
Rick
Rick,
I don't know how much $$ yet. I told Bean I wanted his street port & compression releases for sure. Talked the build over with him & agreed the comp. should be 10:1-10.2:1 told him to deck & CC the heads if he deemed necessary to get the most out of the build. I'll be calling him Tues. to find out the progress and most likely the $$ damages.
Dave

Old 12-11-2010, 06:04 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I'm thinking about sending my heads in to Deweys this winter. I should probably do a before/after dyno to add to the collective database. I'm also using the PCV autotune, which has worked well. I don't feel a need for a dyno tune, but it's nice to see how cost effective your mods actually are. Seat of the pants feel is great as far as it goes, but the "butt dyno" is a notoriously inaccurate measuring device.
I agree it's great to have a before/after dyno!! But that dyno time can sure cut into the "cost effective" part of the equation, particularly if it runs so well off the auto tune!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

I agree it's great to have a before/after dyno!! But that dyno time can sure cut into the "cost effective" part of the equation, particularly if it runs so well off the auto tune!
Yeah, I was just going to do a 3-pull check before and after, and not a dyno tune. A few shops around here will do that for about 50 bucks or so.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ultra Limited Dyno