Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody Stop Me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somebody Stop Me!

I can't stop ordering stuff for my bike! Just after I put the cover on it in October for the winter, I decided to spend the money I was saving for cams on the "AUX Lighting Kit" and "Frenched Bezels" on all the lights around the bike. Then I started saving again. Asked Momma to get me some "7.25" J&M speakers" for Christmas. Knowing I would get those, I blew my stash on the "250w J&M amp"! Then... I ran across a 20% off "anything in stock" sale at my local stealer. " How much is that Vivid Black Tour Pak (Chopped) in the window" I asked? $580... I'll take it! Then I went on Ebay searching for mounting gear for the Tour Pak. Picked up the "Chopped TP Backrest" (SG Stitch) for $134. Then... "Men's Night" at the local stealer, another 20% off night! Walked out with the "4-Point Docking Hardware" (Gloss Black), "Rear Strut Covers" (Gloss Black), the "2-Up Detatchable TP Mount" (when can we get that in Gloss Black?!). Got the fancy little "TP Retractable Teather" too! Then, knowing I was going to run a tour pak... I decided to order-up the "J&M Hidden AM/FM/WB/ Antenna" to put in the fairing and loose the rear whip. All That and I still haven't got around to the Performance Machine "Bag Latches", "PM Renthal Grips", and "PM Fairing Mirrors (all Gloss Black) that I intended to buy for the winter!

That all sounds like a pretty good "Winter Mod" list right?? My concearn is... All of that was bought in the month of December! I still have at minimum 3 more months "under the cover" untill it hits the road again for riding!

I've already spent my kids Christmas gift money, and I'm running out of money way too fast to keep up with my on-line orders! I think I need some counseling or something? What do you guys think? "Or... should I just be looking forward to next winter in Alaska when I start doing the motor mods"?! How much is that "Fuel Moto 107" Kit?!!

Oh yeah... The wife and I got "Bar & Shield" Tat's the other night too!

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 12-17-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife has a master's in counseling.I'll get her to set you up for an appointment.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It sounds like you own a Harley!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good for you . .

Old 12-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
I can't stop ordering stuff for my bike! Just after I put the cover on it in October for the winter, I decided to spend the money I was saving for cams on the "AUX Lighting Kit" and "Frenched Bezels" on all the lights around the bike. Then I started saving again. Asked Momma to get me some "7.25" J&M speakers" for Christmas. Knowing I would get those, I blew my stash on the "250w J&M amp"! Then... I ran across a 20% off "anything in stock" sale at my local stealer. " How much is that Vivid Black Tour Pak (Chopped) in the window" I asked? $580... I'll take it! Then I went on Ebay searching for mounting gear for the Tour Pak. Picked up the "Chopped TP Backrest" (SG Stitch) for $134. Then... "Men's Night" at the local stealer, another 20% off night! Walked out with the "4-Point Docking Hardware" (Gloss Black), "Rear Strut Covers" (Gloss Black), the "2-Up Detatchable TP Mount" (when can we get that in Gloss Black?!). Got the fancy little "TP Retractable Teather" too! Then, knowing I was going to run a tour pak... I decided to order-up the "J&M Hidden AM/FM/WB/ Antenna" to put in the fairing and loose the rear whip. All That and I still haven't got around to the Performance Machine "Bag Latches", "PM Renthal Grips", and "PM Fairing Mirrors (all Gloss Black) that I intended to buy for the winter!

That all sounds like a pretty good "Winter Mod" list right?? My concearn is... All of that was bought in the month of December! I still have at minimum 3 more months "under the cover" untill it hits the road again for riding!

I've already spent my kids Christmas gift money, and I'm running out of money way too fast to keep up with my on-line orders! I think I need some counseling or something? What do you guys think? "Or... should I just be looking forward to next winter in Alaska when I start doing the motor mods"?! How much is that "Fuel Moto 107" Kit?!!

Oh yeah... The wife and I got "Bar & Shield" Tat's the other night too!
Sorry, Can't stop Myself, so How in the Hell can I stop You. Suggest You cut up Your CC's, No, no, that won't help I just ordered new cards. It's hopeless, You can't win, so just live with it! You can't afford the Girl in Your advatar, so just send Her to Me doing so will give You more money for Mods and Bling!

Last edited by Dionicio; 12-17-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:19 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts
Default "I've already spent my kids Christmas gift money, . . ."?

I hope you are just joking. If you are telling the truth I would call you an *******. There is no cycle, or cycle passion, worth sacrificing the happiness of your children for. Even I who have no children know how pathetic such a situation would be. Hell, I would (and do) give to 'Toys for Tots' before spending money on unnecessary upgrades for my 2006 UC.

Having said that, I am distinctly against inundating children with electronic gifts. They all need to read, write, spell and cipher before being allowed to operate the mind-numbing electronic toys that are turning our children into raving idiots, unable to utter a sentence without saying "um", "like", and "you know." If you have kids who speak like this, then grab up all their electronic gadgets and place them on a strict remedial program until such time as they can speak as they should. Regardless of their innate intelligence, such children will never survive in the increasingly competitive world in which they willl mature. Every job in the future will require the basic minimums of intelligent communication.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry but I can't help ya. I have the same problem...
And it's gonna be some time till riden season starts here.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by albngore
I hope you are just joking. If you are telling the truth I would call you an *******. There is no cycle, or cycle passion, worth sacrificing the happiness of your children for. Even I who have no children know how pathetic such a situation would be. Hell, I would (and do) give to 'Toys for Tots' before spending money on unnecessary upgrades for my 2006 UC.

Having said that, I am distinctly against inundating children with electronic gifts. They all need to read, write, spell and cipher before being allowed to operate the mind-numbing electronic toys that are turning our children into raving idiots, unable to utter a sentence without saying "um", "like", and "you know." If you have kids who speak like this, then grab up all their electronic gadgets and place them on a strict remedial program until such time as they can speak as they should. Regardless of their innate intelligence, such children will never survive in the increasingly competitive world in which they willl mature. Every job in the future will require the basic minimums of intelligent communication.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Chaz in TN
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Addiction can be an ugly thing........but aint fun! Who really needs to go to college, and braces are so over rated! But a 107 kit! I can rationalize that!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:32 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Starting online MMA 12-step meetings chat site shortly. Anyone wanna share? That would be Motorcycle Modders Anonymous. Severe addiction here. Hooked on chrome!

Last edited by wlibert; 12-17-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Somebody Stop Me!