Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the best headwork??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Chad263
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the stuff R&R does I almost did a package from them before I got the 107. There just huge money. Big boyz seems very cheap compared to most I have seen. I'd like to use someone around my area for tuning help. Which R&R is close and big boyz is also. Winter time is killing me wanting to do all these mods lol then I read all the ideas other people have on this board and I get even more. Oh well it is fun

Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,770 Likes on 21,718 Posts

Here's another one not mentioned in Colorado;
http://www.nrhsperformance.com/tech.shtml
Very good info site too for learning stuff.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 PM
WI Bob
Road Master

Originally Posted by brypink
Why don't you just go with who Jaime uses for this kit. It's a proven set-up.
+1
Talk to Jamie and take the guesswork out of the process. You have seen the huge list. Can you imagine how many different ideas are in that list for your combo?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Use Bigboyz Cycles http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/calculators.htm in Augusta Maine, right up in your neck of the woods. One of the most knowledgeable and decent people that are out there. Some of the other ones that I've talked to are a little full of themselves I think. That's who I would use.. for sure..
+1 Just had mine done by Bean & they look great for the price! Been pouring rain here so haven't ridden much but, a lot of folks on here recommend him. Some great reading on his site too!

http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/showthread.php?p=17

Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

There is a thread here somewhere that paired the FuelMoto 107" kit with Hillside Stage 2 heads and the numbers were very strong per '"Jamie's" post as well as the "customer's". ~110 Hp ~127 Tq

This is very relevant as Hillside takes a lot of heat for the numbers coming off Joe's Cycle Repair"s dyno. In this case 'ol Joe was 1k mikes away.

Whatever magic the Palmer boys did worked great with that kit. Haven't seen anything even close to date.

JMHO.....

Old 12-23-2010, 09:58 PM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced

Almost afraid to ask but I will anyhow. Anyone have an opinion (silly question) on the SE Pro MVA CNC Ported Heads?? I'm located in Staten Island, NY and don't do any wrenching on my own so pulling my heads and sending them out isn't an option and don't know of anyone close other than a dealership. Thanks in advance as I respect and welcome all opinions

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 150 Posts

Bigboyz gets a lot of good recommendations on here & you can't beat their price, unless you're going with a wild cam & planning on doing a lot of RPMs you don't need anything more than a good street P&P. The stage 3 - 4 whatever heads are a waste of money on most builds if you're just looking for a good running street motor, they're made for .600+ lift cams & 6000+ RPMs.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:59 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm going a 103" route in about a month and will also have some head work done. After contacting several machinists mentioned, I'm going to primarily focus on a good valve job. I'll likely have 1.9/1.6 valves installed with a nice multi angle/radius cut, intake bowl clean up, equalize CC's and Singh grooves added. A couple guys listed will do this for less than $400. When it comes to full blown stage III/IV porting the cost can approach $1k. I've read lots where the 07 > newer heads flow pretty well but it's just a guess for me till it's all said and done. Good luck with your decision..

Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 AM
xkvator
Tourer

Originally Posted by cvoultrahunter
Almost afraid to ask but I will anyhow. Anyone have an opinion (silly question) on the SE Pro MVA CNC Ported Heads?? I'm located in Staten Island, NY and don't do any wrenching on my own so pulling my heads and sending them out isn't an option and don't know of anyone close other than a dealership. Thanks in advance as I respect and welcome all opinions
i've read some good stuff about Rosa's Cycle...Huntington NY...how far is that from you?

tuners were trained by Doc...

Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgill
There is a thread here somewhere that paired the FuelMoto 107" kit with Hillside Stage 2 heads and the numbers were very strong per '"Jamie's" post as well as the "customer's". ~110 Hp ~127 Tq

This is very relevant as Hillside takes a lot of heat for the numbers coming off Joe's Cycle Repair"s dyno. In this case 'ol Joe was 1k mikes away.

Whatever magic the Palmer boys did worked great with that kit. Haven't seen anything even close to date.

JMHO.....
The problem I'm seeing here is WHY EVEN BOTHER??? Fuelmoto has gotten 120+ torque and 105+ hp from the same kit without headwork. What are actually getting for the money? DOH!!

Quick Reply: Who has the best headwork??