Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the best headwork??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:53 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by springer 03
The problem I'm seeing here is WHY EVEN BOTHER??? Fuelmoto has gotten 120+ torque and 105+ hp from the same kit without headwork. What are actually getting for the money? DOH!!
Lower head temperatures and more power.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:00 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastiejosh
Who does the best headwork?..................My girlfriend.

....... no, .. mine !~

Old 12-24-2010, 09:01 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

The problem I'm seeing here is WHY EVEN BOTHER??? Fuelmoto has gotten 120+ torque and 105+ hp from the same kit without headwork. What are actually getting for the money? DOH!!
I guess the simpilist anology explained to me is to consider your motor a big air pump. The more air in/out will produce more power and lower temperatures. I'd think adding 11 cid would benefit nicely from head work.
Look at this example ..
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...o-107-kit.html

Old 12-25-2010, 03:27 PM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huntington is only about 1-1 1/2 hours from me, not that bad a ride. After reading DTT's comments above stating that if you plan to keep it under 6000rpm and aren't going to really big cams, changing or porting the heads is a waste. Listen, I'm not racing the bike but do like to run it hard when the urge comes. I like to take it from 60 to 85 or so in the blink of an eye when necessary on the turnpike....gotta keep away from those caged animals ya know......

Old 12-25-2010, 05:38 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

It looks like to me that you're gonna get picked on for this statement becasue you are discounting what head work will do for the build. I don't think that was your intent. I read it as you think his build will be killer without head work. But I think others took it as you don't understand just how much more performance the op will get out of head work.

If you disagree, call Jamie or any other person you trust when it comes to increasing perfromance and ask them if they think head work is a waste.

Dennis

Old 12-25-2010, 06:20 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cvoultrahunter
Almost afraid to ask but I will anyhow. Anyone have an opinion (silly question) on the SE Pro MVA CNC Ported Heads?? I'm located in Staten Island, NY and don't do any wrenching on my own so pulling my heads and sending them out isn't an option and don't know of anyone close other than a dealership. Thanks in advance as I respect and welcome all opinions
Rosa's Cycle is in Huntington NY Andrew is a good guy..The SE Pro MVA is suppose to be a pretty good head.Call Dan Baisley, & ask him about them.Dave of JD's Cycleworks is also very good.Give Dave a call; he will talk to you about what your intentions are, & steer you in the right direction!!! He's great,ask me how i know??? lol!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd do crankwork first if it were me. You're already pushing it with the FM 107 kit.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:40 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad263
I installed a 107 kit from fuel moto and since I have it all apart I figured I may as well have the heads done. Who do you think has some of the better headwork? I don't want anything wild just good quality work that will help me bump up my numbers some more. Let me know what you guys think thanks
IMHO Axtell. But, I would strongly suggest you discuss it with Jamie.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:49 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

Ask your local tuner or buider

Old 12-25-2010, 06:52 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master

Originally Posted by Chad263
I installed a 107 kit from fuel moto and since I have it all apart I figured I may as well have the heads done. Who do you think has some of the better headwork? I don't want anything wild just good quality work that will help me bump up my numbers some more. Let me know what you guys think thanks
I like Dan Baisley my self.Lots of guys out there do great work though.Do some research, & see what the big guns are running.You want big numbers? or just a good runner?? How big is the check book? All these things must be considered.You want the chambers CC'd??? How extensive do you want to get???

Quick Reply: Who has the best headwork??