Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sacramento Easy Rider Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

don't these people know that black is the fastest color? glad to see these pictures though, now i will never waste my money going to an easyrider or any other bike show. give me a dirt covered XR750 sliding out of turn 4 on a mile dirt track...that is a thing of beauty!!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
don't these people know that black is the fastest color? glad to see these pictures though, now i will never waste my money going to an easyrider or any other bike show. give me a dirt covered XR750 sliding out of turn 4 on a mile dirt track...that is a thing of beauty!!
You have that right. My Must See event of the year are the two Springfield Mile races. I could spend the whole day in the pits looking at those awesome XR's and smelling the racing fuel.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,683 Likes on 4,646 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
None of those bikes are ever going to see any road miles. They are for display only. Not my style, but I would love to go to the show anyway.
thats not the issue. I don't have a problem with a bike thats made just to show, or very little ride time, its just that , "art", but sometimes art just stats looking like scribbled lines, its stopped being art. it has no more "soul", no center of personality, a lack of creativeness. I miss that. some are still doing it, we lost a lot with the economy going down the tubes, but theres people obviously still spending money doing bikes, lets just demand they do it better, let them know what we think of their bikes, (nicely, or should I say diplomaticly?) and expect them to build bikes that we would want in our dreams, the ones we'd want built for us, the regular guys, who are supplying the money, by going to the shows, and buying products that finance these shows.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like them -- would not do any of my bikes like that -- maybe the Purple Ultra -- thanks for posting the pictures

Old 01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
You have that right. My Must See event of the year are the two Springfield Mile races. I could spend the whole day in the pits looking at those awesome XR's and smelling the racing fuel.
In my younger years I raced motocross and I agree there is absolutely nothing better than that fuel smell. Brings me right back to those wonder years when I come across it every time!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple more. If you like them you like them. Thats what great everyone can have their own style. I like all bikes. The blue bike with speakers in the lids was at the yaffe booth.

Attached Thumbnails Sacramento Easy Rider Show-img_2317.jpg   Sacramento Easy Rider Show-img_2314.jpg   Sacramento Easy Rider Show-img_2310.jpg   Sacramento Easy Rider Show-img_2304.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 01:10 PM
oldguy1946
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like the same paint schemes and seat covers as the low rider cars. Those guys have been painting theirs cars like that for years. The gaudier the better. They say it is supposed be gangster style. I think they look cheap and plastic. That is my opinion and I realize there are folks on here that don't agree so don't waste your time telling me how much your disagree because I already know it.

Last edited by oldguy1946; 01-16-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 PM
NickD
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw a lot of these bikes at the Los Angeles Easyriders show two weeks ago. I think "clown bike" is actually a good description without necessarily being derogatory. It does a good job of describing the flash, gaudiness, and the bling. One thing though is if you look close enough there are some pretty innovative features on some of those bikes, and the paint jobs (that I saw) were worthy of being called true art work.

My point is I watched as the "clown bikes" seemed to get all the attention at least from the standpoint of how much they were being photographed by the spectators. But I still managed to win a 2nd place trophy in the "Evo to Present Radical Class" with my low dollar black betty garage build! So I guess the more classic looking custom bike is still alive and kicking . . .

Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Harley1day
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulation!!!! Nice bike!
Originally Posted by NickD
I saw a lot of these bikes at the Los Angeles Easyriders show two weeks ago. I think "clown bike" is actually a good description without necessarily being derogatory. It does a good job of describing the flash, gaudiness, and the bling. One thing though is if you look close enough there are some pretty innovative features on some of those bikes, and the paint jobs (that I saw) were worthy of being called true art work.

My point is I watched as the "clown bikes" seemed to get all the attention at least from the standpoint of how much they were being photographed by the spectators. But I still managed to win a 2nd place trophy in the "Evo to Present Radical Class" with my low dollar black betty garage build! So I guess the more classic looking custom bike is still alive and kicking . . .

Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
ruin66
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just back from the show and was really disapointed. seemed kinda " low rent" . lotta nice bikes and all, but smaller than past years and I don't know, dark. and quite frankly, not near enough babes. had to stop by Hooters on the way home to get our 'fix'. had fun though.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Easy Rider Show