Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Crash bar mounted fog light, review & install???'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still using my $20 Wallyworld lights. They have seen 2 complete riding season and I haven't even blow a bulb yet.

Attached Thumbnails HD Crash bar mounted fog light, review & install???'s-12_20_08_12.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the ones that you show in the OP. I really like them, but they may be hitting the road once I install lower fairings. Simple install.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts

I have them on my 09 SG and love them. Throw out plenty of light. Mine are controlled by an aux switch on the dash. Great product for the price.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08ultraglide
No need to ditch your bar, I have them mounted on mine but you need to take off the rubber foot rest that I never used.
Thanks for the tip and since I installed the Heavy Breather it made the mustache a waste of money. Not to hijack the thread but any difficulty getting the rubber off and cleaned up? Also I think I would want to drill holes in the bar so my wiring would be internal. Maybe I should have read the rest of the posts but I am compulsive....

Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
08ultraglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Thanks for the tip and since I installed the Heavy Breather it made the mustache a waste of money. Not to hijack the thread but any difficulty getting the rubber off and cleaned up? Also I think I would want to drill holes in the bar so my wiring would be internal. Maybe I should have read the rest of the posts but I am compulsive....
Easy, I just grabbed the rubber and twisted it like getting a hand grip off but much easier, it has a metal pin located on the under side of it, you will pull out with a pair of pliers (kind of like a door hinge). Then just use carb cleaner to get the gunk off.
I have my wires going thru the bar and it looks great.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:02 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Will the HD engine guard mounted lights still allow use of an Airlite soft fairing lower?

Thanks

Old 05-29-2013, 07:47 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a set, too. The wires are run externally, positioned along the bottom of the top bar, and held in place with a couple of zip-ties (the wires are pretty well concealed). They're controlled by the right aux switch (which would normally power the fog/highway lights). Mine are wired 'stock' such that they go out on high beams. As others have mentioned, they can also be wired to stay on all the time (according to their switch position).

Mine were installed by my Indy. The hardest parts looked to be running the wires back to the battery, and wiring up to the aux switch. The Indy used a clothes hanger (or something similar) to 'snake' the wires through the 'tunnel' under the tank, to the rear of the bike, i.e., he didn't move the tank. The whole process was less than 30 minutes.

These throw a lot of light and are great for seeing (night) and being seen (days).

I don't think you'll regret getting them.

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 05-29-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
Will the HD engine guard mounted lights still allow use of an Airlite soft fairing lower?

Thanks
I have the Airlite, and the lights, the soft lowers go right over them with no problem for me.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I installed a set on my 2000 RKC. Ran the wires inside the engine guard:

I cut-up the factory harness to fit my insall needs. I mounted the supplied on/off switch up on the left switch housing where recommended. These lights work great and are a really good addition. The chrome held up very good as well.

Quick Reply: HD Crash bar mounted fog light, review & install???'s