Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading exhaust and air

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:36 PM
twsteddyna
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading exhaust and air

So im wondering , I plan to upgrade my exhaust prolly slip ons and do the stage one. Is the ecm upgrade not good enuff ? All this talk of tuners, sert, maps, an so on ' is it all nessary or can i just stick to the ecm settings ? [8D]

Old 10-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Darryl88
Road Captain
Default RE: Upgrading exhaust and air

Hd will do a down load that works just fine, you dont need a pc...ect. The power commanders work great but you dont need them

Old 10-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Motor Squad
Cruiser
Default RE: Upgrading exhaust and air

My dealer service department told me that I did not "need" the download when I added only pipes. The parts guy was pushing to sell me the whole package, Stage I, download, etc. If you are doing both pipes and a/c on your 07 I would go back to the service guys and ask a couple of the mechanics what they recommend since they ride and work on them all day long. I think a lot of guys on here like the other tuners because they can change and personalize a lot of the settings themselves to match personal preferences. If you are changing the pipes and a/c, I would say you need to change fuel map to richen it up. My current setup works fine for me for now, but I am probably going to add Stage I and also do the download as my budget allows at a later date.

ORIGINAL: twsteddyna

So im wondering , I plan to upgrade my exhaust prolly slip ons and do the stage one. Is the ecm upgrade not good enuff ? All this talk of tuners, sert, maps, an so on ' is it all nessary or can i just stick to the ecm settings ? [8D]