Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 107 build and Stereo install w/pictures (very long!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:29 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice write up !!! Thanks for sharing..

BTW....How'd the tunes sound ????

Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Garcou
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Nice write up !!! Thanks for sharing..

BTW....How'd the tunes sound ????
Tunes are good, I was figuring more bass, but guess ill need to add more speakers, crystal clear and powerfull with the pdx amp. Stopped by the stereo store yesterday and was checking out the focal mini subwoofers (6 inch), Iam wondering if they will work in the inner fairing pointed towards the forks........ 2 of those with the 6.5's should sound good if i can get em to fit (may just switch out to the focal K2's when I do that....... course thats a way down the road, gonna work on the 58mm throttlebody next.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess it's safe to assume the SE Heavy Breather's elbow tube is = / > 58mm ...?

I kind of got to wondering about the A/C backing plates on SE / aftermarket high flow units ... never measured mine, but am still using my stock 44mm TB (think they went to 46mm in '06) .... Since I've got 95" vice bigger inch configuration like yours, I've been planning swapping out stock TB for 50mm SE as and when I upgrade my heads ... (don't think I'd benefit from going much bigger than that) ....

I'd like to eventually upgrade my mobile audio, myself ... been looking at the Sony DSX-S100 (series ... also have a S200 and S300 variant) ... the controller is designed to control iPod/iTouch ... and has an internal tray/plug designed specifically to control/power the unit ....

Don't think I'll go quite as far as the amp-in-the-bag arrangement ... and probably stick with two speaker setup (or maybe four--with a pair of tweeters) ....

R/
'Chop

Old 02-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 239 Likes on 156 Posts

Congrats Shane. Sounds like a monster. Good on you for doing it yourself. I love my T-Man 590's.

Zach

Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Awesome build dude! It's good to hear that it started on the 1st try! Impressive. Have a blast (like I need to tell you)

Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
I guess it's safe to assume the SE Heavy Breather's elbow tube is = / > 58mm ...?

I kind of got to wondering about the A/C backing plates on SE / aftermarket high flow units ... never measured mine, but am still using my stock 44mm TB (think they went to 46mm in '06) .... Since I've got 95" vice bigger inch configuration like yours, I've been planning swapping out stock TB for 50mm SE as and when I upgrade my heads ... (don't think I'd benefit from going much bigger than that) ....

I'd like to eventually upgrade my mobile audio, myself ... been looking at the Sony DSX-S100 (series ... also have a S200 and S300 variant) ... the controller is designed to control iPod/iTouch ... and has an internal tray/plug designed specifically to control/power the unit ....

Don't think I'll go quite as far as the amp-in-the-bag arrangement ... and probably stick with two speaker setup (or maybe four--with a pair of tweeters) ....

R/
'Chop

No still using the stock 50mm throttlebody, that is my next mod, I think ill be picking up the SE 58MM throttlebody when the funds are avail (another suggestion by Don Dorfman), was researching HPI, but for the money I dont think you can go wrong with the SE 58MM, maybe someone else with more experiance than in this area would care to throw there two cents in.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Congrats Shane. Sounds like a monster. Good on you for doing it yourself. I love my T-Man 590's.

Zach
Yeah Zack, so far so good! the 590's seem to pull like a freight train, Ill know more once some break-in miles are done!! hopefully I get what I wanted and can do roll on wheelies (please crank stay togather!)

Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Been hearing a lot of good things about Don Dorfman ... can't wait to see the wheelie video ....

Congrats on what sounds like a great build ....
With out sounding like I got my face up the dudes rear end, Yeah Don is the man!!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 239 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Garcou
Yeah Zack, so far so good! the 590's seem to pull like a freight train, Ill know more once some break-in miles are done!! hopefully I get what I wanted and can do roll on wheelies (please crank stay togather!)
My 103 is very similar to your 107. Similar compression, same cam, similar headwork, stock throttle body (I have cables though), good 2-1 exhaust. I'm making 114/120. I'm guessing your increased cubes will compensate for the lower numbers TBW bikes seem to put out and you will be very close to those numbers if not better. A lot will depend on how good that Rev Perf tuner really is. I have no doubt the heads are up to the task. Either way, you have gone WAY beyond most bikes on the road. Congrats man. I'm excited for you.

Zach

Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

couldn't happen to a better member besides ME congrats again SHANETARD

Quick Reply: My 107 build and Stereo install w/pictures (very long!)