Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 03:50 PM
tourglider1985
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
The signals hang below on on my '89. I like the faired in look better. We shoulda traded...

I still have an extra fairing that has the signals built in it....not too late to trade if you want

Old 08-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by James Gentry
since this thread is full of FLTC owners ill ask my question here. i have a 1984 FLTC that the front end is pretty mangled on and i was wondering if a newer model FL front end would be compatible to put in at all?
Argh, database error, lost everything, gotta start over. I'll do it in Wordpad and copy it.

If you're thinking of a newer one to get the frame mount fairing, you'd have a complicated project.

Might get an idea by checking part numbers for the years you're working with at these website's part illustrations with numbers:

http://www.granitestateharleystore.c...artfinder.htm#

http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson...partfinder.htm

You get to the top of the forks under the instruments, bit crowded in there, seems like everything is in the way to reach everything else...

Front forks off, you can see what a mess it is - mangled front end, I'm guessing you're replacing the forks.

When the fairing is finally on, you go through the headlights to hook up the wiring - that's where you'd run into what could be a real puzzle, trying to get all the wiring together when it probably doesn't match your bike.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:54 PM
tourglider1985
Intermediate

johnnyc that's a good looking glide you got there..kinda unique color scheme . I have never seen that one before

Old 08-04-2014, 03:59 PM
tourglider1985
Intermediate

Originally Posted by James Gentry
since this thread is full of FLTC owners ill ask my question here. i have a 1984 FLTC that the front end is pretty mangled on and i was wondering if a newer model FL front end would be compatible to put in at all?

what fairing are you looking to do....the newer road glide or a batwing

Old 08-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Imold
another old guy

Originally Posted by tourglider1985
I still have an extra fairing that has the signals built in it....not too late to trade if you want
I was kinda joking, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass. If I was going to repaint the bike, that would be a tempting offer.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Imold
another old guy

oops, posted wrong thread.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:57 PM
tourglider1985
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Imold
I was kinda joking, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass. If I was going to repaint the bike, that would be a tempting offer.

that's cool..it will be waiting for you ..lol

Old 08-05-2014, 07:03 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tourglider1985
johnnyc that's a good looking glide you got there..kinda unique color scheme . I have never seen that one before
Quick story on the White and Champagne color combo. A guy I used to use as my Indy had the same combination on the same year Electra Glide with the batwing, at the time he had 225K on it. And if that isn't a coincidence there is another match to his Electra Glide in the area with 275K on it. Once all 3 were in his shop, with the same color scheme. I wish I had taken a picture of all 3 back then. I just rolled over 166K on mine yesterday.

And yes the signals in the fairing cause it to be mistaken for the competing Honda Goldwing. It because Mr. Vetter designed both back when Harley wanted to compete with touring models. I believe the stationary style fairing on Harleys started in '82 with this design.

I get so many people coming over to take a good look at my bike because of that fairing design. And lets face it, from a distance the "Sharknose" stands out in a huge field of batwings. Even today when you see a fairing on a Harley all of the batwing models seem to look alike. And honestly I don't like that look. Having rented 2 bat wing models and put several hundred miles on them I'll take a stationary Sharknose.

Adn those twin "sport versions" of the Tour Glide are a fantastic look. My wife however would not be happy with me if I changed mine. lol

As to the rebuilding the front end ... I'd say stick with Tour Glide parts, or probably the early Road Glide would match up. Maybe other can suggest compatible parts?

Here's a more recent shot. Wife and I was out "Touring" on our 28th anniversary. We were married in '86, so our '86 Tour Glide was also celebrating it's 28th anniversary too. lol

Last edited by JohnnyC; 08-05-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:11 AM
tourglider1985
Intermediate

well said, that is why I like the tour glide front , im the kind of person that doesn't want to be doing the same thing everyone else does....so dare to be different I always say..i get people loo at my bike some people like the front most don't..thats when I tell them if you to ride it up the interstate you would fall in love with that front end.
as far as the batwing goes, I like the look but lets face it, everybody has got one.. hell there is a company right up the road from where I live that makes them for jap cruisers and the big H

Old 08-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Brettfullthrottle
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's mine;

Quick Reply: Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.