Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Flexpower in Fairing Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Cme2c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in a rural area, so not a lot of strong signals are available. Switching to the J & M decreased my reception noticiably. I suppose if you live in an urban area it would not make much difference. I am keeping mine because I rarely listen to the radio anyway and I like the antennaless look on my Streetglide.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 PM
sdully88
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like it may be a try and see deal based on the mixed reviews!

Old 03-13-2011, 10:51 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the J&M Flexpower, works as well as the FLHX stock whip antennae, and it is way better than 3 different shorty antennae I have tried. I got it so I didn't have to have an antennae sticking out of the back of the bike. Bought the filler panel hole plug for a few bucks from the dealer. Much nicer, wife doesn't complain about it now while getting on the bike. Cleaner look. It serves its purpose very well.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

as important as radio reception is to most of us touring riders, i'm really surprised that at least one of the aftermarket companies hasn't come up with a hidden antenna that is the definitive best of the best. i'd like to get rid of my eye poker whip antenna, but until there's something that works better than it does, i'll stick with the whip. this would be a great place for someone who knows wave lengths, radio wave propogation, etc to step up to the plate and design a really unbeatable hidden antenna.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one from Walter's Workshop...great price and great reception!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:23 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
as important as radio reception is to most of us touring riders, i'm really surprised that at least one of the aftermarket companies hasn't come up with a hidden antenna that is the definitive best of the best. i'd like to get rid of my eye poker whip antenna, but until there's something that works better than it does, i'll stick with the whip. this would be a great place for someone who knows wave lengths, radio wave propogation, etc to step up to the plate and design a really unbeatable hidden antenna.

Hide your whip antenna in the fairing. I stuck mine in there, it fits just fine. Now if I can find a short cable I'll attach the antenna permanently.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM
jrmy_1
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Hide your whip antenna in the fairing. I stuck mine in there, it fits just fine. Now if I can find a short cable I'll attach the antenna permanently.
Sounds good to me!

Old 05-08-2011, 06:11 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by emwolb
agree

Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

bought the harley boom! audio hidden antennae
part number 76000040
never listen to the radio but I use two fm transmitters to stream pandora from my fone on one channel and ipod stream on another.
the shorty whip installed on my bike was done by a moron. The wire rubbed on the tire in extreme curves or whatever there was bare wires on the tire side. My reception sucked, the whip always got in my way swapping quick release items...
49.95 at stealer feels like it is worth 15 bucks so that is about right.
they want you to tape it on with the supplied double stick . Yeah right! that **** should hold the next 100000 miles upside down stuck to the dirty greasy inside of my fairing. this would have been the only thing attached to the outer fairing requiring unplugging 3 connections to take it off. WTF?!
(they should just make the parts in china. Keep engineering and installation American. just my 2 cents.)
I opted to loosely wire tie it to the unused holes in my gauges. I didn't test it but I have a sneaking suspicion that the power is just for the stupid light that no one is ever going to see?! I wired it anyway because the whole install is retarded easy.
reception for me seems awesome, but I am coming from a kinda busted when I got it standpoint.
T

Last edited by mrnone; 06-24-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

update on boom antennae....
wiring power only makes light work BUT reception sux when light is wired
the harley branding on antennae is a sticker like the 99 cent store.
the box it came in is amazing quality with vivid graphics
again WTF?!
totally baffled
T

Quick Reply: J&M Flexpower in Fairing Antenna