Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up Ditto

Originally Posted by bikehe
Ive got all custom dynamic led's on my bike and they work great. They were nice to deal with too.
This was my experience as well. And we even had a little screw up - their mistake, and they came through with no issues - I ordered the stuff I wanted in Jan - sat in the box until I got my bike back two weeks ago, and then realized that they had sent me an incorrect part - they were quick to get me the correct one and credit my account.

Also I screwed up when installing the tour-pak harness and broke a wire clip connector housing - they went out of their way to get me a new one - no charge and no hassles.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the part number on this part? Is this the magic converter kit item-magic-tpc.em: MAGIC-TPC

Old 03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Thumbs up Yesireeee

Originally Posted by Scooter68
What's the part number on this part? Is this the magic converter kit item-magic-tpc.em: MAGIC-TPC
Scooter,
Yes that is the part# Magic-TPC

I also got these as well - Genesis™ II Ultimate Tour Pak® LED Taillights

Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 PM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice set up christo! I just got finished installing CD front and rear led turn signals with the street magic controller on my RKC. I already had a Brightasslights led tail light and was worried about a possible conflict between manufactures. No problems so far.
RR

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

I've been eyeing that setup for quite some time. I've got their LED turn signals and R/B/T module already. I commute on the DC Beltway and anything that makes me more visible in morning rush hour is a good thing.

How difficult was it to swap the lenses on the Tour Pak?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Talking Easy? Sorta?

Originally Posted by '05Train
How difficult was it to swap the lenses on the Tour Pak?
The bottom trim ones - piece-O-cake.

The rear, well they were... easy but you need to take your time. Be gentle and patient. I still have the directions, I can scan them and send them to you if you want.

I also will let you know what you want to use as a sealant when you put the lenses back in - I did some research on this matter - I wanted to make sure they would not allow water to enter.

LMK

Bottom line - If I can do it, anyone can do it. :-)

Old 03-17-2011, 04:39 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
The bottom trim ones - piece-O-cake.

The rear, well they were... easy but you need to take your time. Be gentle and patient. I still have the directions, I can scan them and send them to you if you want.

I also will let you know what you want to use as a sealant when you put the lenses back in - I did some research on this matter - I wanted to make sure they would not allow water to enter.

LMK

Bottom line - If I can do it, anyone can do it. :-)
I've looked at the directions on their site, it doesn't look that bad. Especially since I'm not concerned with saving the lenses.

But I thought they included a new sealant with the kit?

Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by '05Train
But I thought they included a new sealant with the kit?

Nope - that tube of Goop you see in the picture is for the LED's - you are glueing those in the reflector housings.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:38 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
Nope - that tube of Goop you see in the picture is for the LED's - you are glueing those in the reflector housings.
Gotcha. So what'd you use to seal them?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

My front and rear turn signal kit should be at my door when I get home from work today. They better be! I am a bit disgruntled with CD. It has taken a MONTH from date of order to date of delivery for this kit. I ordered this on Feb 18th and was told delivery in about a week. Then received email stating that parts were out of stock and waiting on manufacturing. Mind you this was two weeks PRIOR to Daytona Bike Week. I called them to inquire if they would be in Daytona and was told yes they would be there. I asked them if they would be selling my kit at Daytona and if there would be any "rally discount" as my brother was going to the rally and could pick up the kit and ship immediately to me. Was told they would have kit there but no rally discount only free installation. (They would have stock at the rally but cant fill my order??) I was assured my kit would ship shortly. Fast forward to rally week, my brother calls me from the CD booth to tell me he has kit in his hand and is being offered a 20% discount! I then contact CD and am told that no, there must be a miscommunication as NO DISCOUNTS being offered at the rally. I then tell them that is BS and that I am cancelling the order and going to purchase same kit from Badlands who can ship to me TODAY! CD then offers me a 10% refund on my order for my "inconvenience" and that my order would ship in just a few more days. I remind them that I placed my order well before Daytona rally week and that I thought it was pretty **** poor to not fill my order but take all there stock inventory to the rally. Again I was given their apology and encouraged to accept the 10% discount for my inconvenience. Delivery still took another 10 days after that. Checking UPS it says will be delivered today. Dont know if this is a one in a million event but the whole experience has caused me to question if I will order from them again in the future. Hoping the product and the installation is as easy as advertised and their customer service is better than their order processing. Just sayin......

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED's