Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Glofish88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)

I was so happy to have recieved the EZ-UP centerstand last Summer (2010) and install it so effortlessly on my 2009 FLTCHU. I loved it....worked great and enjoyed how it looked, too...

THAT IS UNTIL IT FAILED. But, alas, according to their website the unit is covered under a "lifetime warranty". Awsome, right? Well....not so my friends, not so. Read on;

I called and spoke to the owner and president of WHEELDOCK, Rod and we talked about what had happened. He seemed, at the time, truley interested in correcting the problem and told me how it would go down. The unit was packed up and sent to Rod for a warranty repair/replacement.

Now here comes the bad news part....I got a call from him today saying the centerstand had been "abused" and that it would cost an additional $50 dollars plus shipping costs.
ABUSED!??? How can a centerstand be abused??? You step on it and lift the rear of the bike up and there you go. Right?

I am totally dumbfounded and can not for the life of me see how a lever/arm failing (BREAKING AT WELD) by simply attempting to raise the bike, as has been done over and over again through out its short life, can be pointed at me and labled as abuse!!

From the owner of WHEELDOCK's perspective, he says I must have done something to cause the failure of his "over engineered" part. I can assure that absolutely nothing happened to that stand other than what it was designed to do....step and lift.

How can that be considered, even remotely, an issue of abuse? I tryed to understand his point of view, asked him over and over how this could be.
It doesn't make any sence. The stand was not abused.

I am not happy with the diagnosis and place the fault with the product and manufacturer 100%. This is a warranty/customer service issue and as such I can only now be a dis-satisfied customer.

Seems to me that the only thing Rod is interested in is selling you his product. He will find any excuse and site all kinds of engineering "facts" to support his claim. I honestly believe that there was never any intention to stand behind his product and honor the claimed "offered" warranty what so ever.

So.....beware.

Beware of WHEELDOCK, especially their EZ-UP centerstands failing due to NORMAL use. Because there really is nothing that can be done to "abuse" a center stand by trying to use it as intended.

Rod, your product failed and you would not honor your warranty, sir.

I think that is a load of crap and I am VERY disappointed in you.

Last edited by Glofish88; 03-21-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Keefersan
Advanced

Sorry to hear this. The EZ-Up had been on my list of mods to buy. Just wondering - has you bike been lowered at all. Trying to understand how you could possibly abuse a center stand other than maybe having to put excessive weight on the arm to raise it more than intended. Although don't they do show the use of a board to get the back wheel up off the ground...

Old 03-21-2011, 10:22 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What failed on the EZ up stand? Do you have pictures?

I looked at them at the motorcycle show and wished I had bought one. Seemed like a simple bolt on product that worked well.

Thanks for the info.

CADguy

Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow thanks great timing of post i was undecided between moco's and wheel dock no brainer now = moco

Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Glofish88
Cruiser

It broke at the weld where the arm/lever attaches.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how did it fail you?? i was looking at them also. i see i have my answer thanks

Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
lipster
Cruiser

Evidently you didn't realize that it is only there for show.
Using it to lift the machine is clearly abuse.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
Wow thanks great timing of post i was undecided between moco's and wheel dock no brainer now = moco
MOCO one I had rattled on the pipes and couldn't get it to stop. Pitched it! Had the EZ Lift for two years and wouldn't be without it. Besides, have you ever tried to get any warranty on HD accessories .... Good Luck.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Yup, sucks to be the consumer for sure.
Most places promise you the whole orange and then when it comes time to pay , you get the rind.
To bad you didnt have pictures to post and show the nay sayers what and where it broke.
Then again maybe you do and have not had tome to post them yet.
Rob

Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Did it by chance get slammed while running over something (curb, etc)? Was there a big dent or scrape mark on it? It would be good to see some pics.

I have one on my bike and love it. It hasn't failed me ever and I use it quite alot.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! EZ-UP FAILS and no warranty offered...(REPOSTED)