Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Day @ Harley's Factory?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
straightleg
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by editbrain
You labor guys wouldn't last a day in my world. When **** goes wrong you loose thousands of dollars per minute. When the problems come on I work as many hours straight chasing down issues to a system that has several world locations with thousands of users on it until the problems are fixed. We don't get to say "it's below 60", "it's raining", "we are on our break", or any of the other excuses Union workers use to keep from working.
Instead your job is on the line, and you have to perform quick, and make the correct decision to resolve the problem quickly. If I do that, I get a nice fat bonus when our incentives are met.
I don't work for bonuses though. I work for a paycheck. Working for a bonus is not very smart.

You think us guys who work in offices push paper all day? You are clueless. We make sure the world keeps working. Without our knowledge you don't buy your food at the store. You do not get to pay for your gas at the pump. You do not get your 80/20 insurance handled. You don't have your medical records readily available to the doctor. Your Union doesn't know where to put your direct deposit.

You labor guys need to show some respect to the folks that make your life easier and better. I am not trying to put blue collar against white collar, but your comment just doesn't carry weight here.

Next time you ride up the elevator, think about who built it. Will the safety brake work if the cables break. Who installed it.

Look above your head and notice the sprinkler heads in the ceiling.
Wonder if it will work and save your *** if a fire breaks out.
Did a qualified union guy put it in or ?

Earthquake. Did the ironworkers and welders build and test all the welds and bolts so your building stays standing.
Who do you trust your life with?

You would be standing in a dirt field or living in a cave if it weren't for us.

Straightleg

Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Don't know what any of this has to do with Touring so I'm locking it down.