Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 10:12 PM
rideonva
Road Master
Received 924 Likes on 460 Posts

Even though it was 85 today fall is right around the corner, so took a nice ride to the dealer and picked soft lowers to extend my season.

The following users liked this post:
Bhrees (09-18-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 01:00 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,929 Likes on 4,691 Posts

Finally installed the Muller slave in my bike. The hardest part about the whole affair was removing the cover to the slave and how much work it took to do that. I tired bleeding with a syringe but it didn't go well so I did it the regular way, good thing I have long arms.

I used a little puff of air to unseat the diaphragm from the old piston but found it was a bitch to get it on the new piston.

All together again. At first it didn't feel right, way too lose. My first thought was I still had trapped air. Nope. The clutch was just that light. It engages nearly right away off the grip and the range felt like there was more. The engagement point definitely moved. Anyway, worth it. Wish I'd had time to get this installed two weeks ago when I bought it.

Stock slave

There was a little trans oil inside the housing under the piston. I doubt it's ennough to matter, just something i noticed.

The new Muller slave.

The following 3 users liked this post by NoRegerts:
Oil, Gas & Leather (09-19-2021), Pinkybuster2000 (09-19-2021), sox_giantsfan (09-20-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 01:02 PM
Pinkybuster2000
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
Finally installed the Muller slave in my bike. The hardest part about the whole affair was removing the cover to the slave and how much work it took to do that. I tired bleeding with a syringe but it didn't go well so I did it the regular way, good thing I have long arms.

I used a little puff of air to unseat the diaphragm from the old piston but found it was a bitch to get it on the new piston.

All together again. At first it didn't feel right, way too lose. My first thought was I still had trapped air. Nope. The clutch was just that light. It engages nearly right away off the grip and the range felt like there was more. The engagement point definitely moved. Anyway, worth it. Wish I'd had time to get this installed two weeks ago when I bought it.

Stock slave

There was a little trans oil inside the housing under the piston. I doubt it's ennough to matter, just something i noticed.

The new Muller slave.
what year and model bike is it?

Old 09-19-2021, 01:18 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pinkybuster2000
what year and model bike is it?
2020 FLHX Street Glide.

Pinkybuster2000 (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Pinkybuster2000
Intermediate

Stock slave

The new Muller slave.
I'd love to do something like this my 2011 ultra classic.
Dont know if mine is different or they just done make anything for mine....

Old 09-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Received 1,559 Likes on 919 Posts

Stock slave
Thanks NR this is exactly the experience I had on all fronts. The trans cover was the biggest PITA! I had the fluid puddle and I thought I had air in the system as well. Getting the rubber cover on the Muller cylinder was another PITA! The first time you go to engage with the clutch lever kind of catches you off guard. Glad you got it done. I love how my bike is now.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cornpipe:
NoRegerts (09-19-2021), Pinkybuster2000 (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 01:49 PM
Oil, Gas & Leather
Road Warrior
Received 637 Likes on 458 Posts

Stock slave

The new Muller slave.
Great pics! It's amazing isn't it? Saved my *** out at Sturgis in the stop & go!

NoRegerts (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 PM
Cornpipe
HDF Community Team

Received 1,559 Likes on 919 Posts

Have you checked the Rekluse and AIM brands for your bike?

Pinkybuster2000 (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 PM
Pinkybuster2000
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cornpipe
Have you checked the Rekluse and AIM brands for your bike?
no I'll have to look into them thank you

Old 09-19-2021, 02:51 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm not sure... there are two models of this slave, one is listed for Softail and one is listed for Touring. Beyond that, I don't what the differences are between years. The Softail slave input line is shorter than on the Touring models. Maybe look to see what yours has in it and match that? Or you could email or call Muller to see.
Originally Posted by Oil, Gas & Leather
Great pics! It's amazing isn't it? Saved my *** out at Sturgis in the stop & go!
Just went for a little test ride and it was a huge improvement. Bigger engagement area and felt more smooth, not to mention the easier pull.

@Cornpipe I'm glad I could help ease your mind. Again, thanks for the advice, it came in handy. Just another reason I enjoy this site.

Oil, Gas & Leather (09-19-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?