Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearview video cam...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KaponeWKYA
Sublime...don't let them work you up, just do you...if it works for you, then that's all that matters. I think it's a good idea and I can see the benefit, but the more you try to defend yourself, the more folks are going to pile on...just my $0.02.
Thanks Kapone.. You are right..

Very nice ride by the way..

Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good grief sublime ac, how could you even think of adding a camera display to your touring bike?!

You have to keep your dash clean & distractions to a minimum, you know, Speedo, Tach, Fuel Gauge, Oil pressure, Oil temp, Air temp, Amp/Voltage, GPS, CB, AM/FM/XM Radio, CD, Ipod, Cell Phone, Gerbing controllers, Clock, Compass, Intercom (bike to bike & rider to passenger), & of course a drink cup. You know, just the basics.........

They told me I was crazy for mounting a GPS in place of my radio & adding a hydraulic clutch. Welcome to the crazy side............

Old 04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinks
Good grief sublime ac, how could you even think of adding a camera display to your touring bike?!

You have to keep your dash clean & distractions to a minimum, you know, Speedo, Tach, Fuel Gauge, Oil pressure, Oil temp, Air temp, Amp/Voltage, GPS, CB, AM/FM/XM Radio, CD, Ipod, Cell Phone, Gerbing controllers, Clock, Compass, Intercom (bike to bike & rider to passenger), & of course a drink cup. You know, just the basics.........

They told me I was crazy for mounting a GPS in place of my radio & adding a hydraulic clutch. Welcome to the crazy side............
And there you have it"........................

Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys and your fancy schmancy devices. Why couldn't you just leave everything stock ??? .......... ..........

How long is the cable on that thing ??

Perhaps use it as an 'upskirt' cam, when hot broads get on your bike !!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
willcatchum
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
I have been riding motorcycle since I was 6, been riding on the street since I was 16, one not so serious accident in 23 years on the street, I think I know how to ride a motorcycle safely...

I fully understand being aware of your surroundings and always looking for a way out of the spot you are in. How a little bit more information can hurt is beyond me....

It's not a BACKUP camera if it is on and used as a rearview mirror that can be scanned through as you are being ALERT of your surroundings...

For all I know it will not provide sufficient visability and I wont do it... If you don't like it that is fine, but to trash me when you don't know a damn thing about me is kind of silly, pointless and rather immature honestly.
Well said! It's a bike and your personal space. Do with it what you will. I don't see anything wrong with it. To me it's no different than a radio, cruz control, or any other distraction on a bike. If Harley sold it I bet half the hatters on here would be the first to buy one. It's sad that a simple question can bring such negativity!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

I say go with it. Pretty cool ideal if you ask me. Almost better than having your mirrors for some instances. If it had the HD bar and shield on it it would be a must have for everybody. Let us know how it works.

Originally Posted by willcatchum
Well said! It's a bike and your personal space. Do with it what you will. I don't see anything wrong with it. To me it's no different than a radio, cruz control, or any other distraction on a bike. If Harley sold it I bet half the hatters on here would be the first to buy one. It's sad that a simple question can bring such negativity!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it okay to say I wish I had one,
only an Alpine! Lol
I'm certain it will work out good and you will like it. My handlebar mount mirrors are not adjusted to see directly behind me. They are directed more outbound for cage checks in the next lane.
I was rear ended Thirty plus ago, which has me naturally glued to my rear at stops however

aka Bob

Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 PM
68NIOU1
Intermediate

What about mounting it off the swing arm- in between the saddlebag. That way if you pull the tour pack it would still be hidden. Just a idea...

Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

That is an interesting idea, I am thinking about using the spot where the antenna come through the rear fascia.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I for one like the idea...and I'm w/ everyone that is saying SCREW the haters. The guy who said if it was sold by Harley, they would be buying it...how true.

I like the idea because quite honestly, I WOULD use it as a back up camera. I can't see everything when I back up, all the little dings on my bike prove it. Heck, while you are at it...install a couple back up sensors to!

I think it's a great idea and a way to get one up which what everyone in the business tries to do.

Quick Reply: Rearview video cam...