Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearview video cam...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearview video cam...

My JVC KD-AVX77 came with a Tview T200NV camera, it's waterproof with autonightvision etc. I am thinking about putting it on the bike to supplement the mirrors. I could wire up a switch to activate the display input on the JVC and thus have rear video.. The question is where to put the cam... I am putting a chopped tourpak on my bike, but I don't want to cut a hole in my brand new tourpak. What do you guys think? Where can we hid a lil' camera eh?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put it on your helmet and record everything, let everyone know where you have been.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
EddieBlaize
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's night vision, I'd consider it facing forward... Depending upon how much it extended visiblity...

Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

I doubt the little IR emmitters would make it very useful for forward facing... If visibility is that bad I ain't riding My main interest is reducing blind spots.. Those fairing mounted mirrors only let you see so much.

I am thinking about making a mount to attach it to my tourpak mount. I need to hook it up and see how the placement looks through the display.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
I doubt the little IR emmitters would make it very useful for forward facing... If visibility is that bad I ain't riding My main interest is reducing blind spots.. Those fairing mounted mirrors only let you see so much.

I am thinking about making a mount to attach it to my tourpak mount. I need to hook it up and see how the placement looks through the display.
I don't have any idea how large this thing is, but if you're going to make a mount I'd consider mounting it *under* the tourpak. Should get a clear view of what's behind you while both protecting the camera & leavin' the luggage rack available.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jinks
I don't have any idea how large this thing is, but if you're going to make a mount I'd consider mounting it *under* the tourpak. Should get a clear view of what's behind you while both protecting the camera & leavin' the luggage rack available.
That's probably where it's gonna go... It's compact, 1 1/8" diameter about two inches long...

Old 04-13-2011, 12:21 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by Troubleman
Thanks for the useful post...

Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, I think mounting it under the tourpak so that it's discreet and out of site would be the best location. I'd definitely like to see some pictures if you get it mounted and decide to use it.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master
Default Rearview camera on a BIKE?

Seriously?

Ok dude - its your scoot and your life, but it would seem to me that looking down at the video display to see what is behind you is far more distracting than simply readjusting your mirrors. You could also mount real mirrors instead of the fairing mounted ones - which would be less expensive, far more effective, and God knows a LOT safer.

Quick Reply: Rearview video cam...