Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinstriping....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:03 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
I'm definately down with the silver & red on black, here's some work my striper has done for me. My compressor and a bike I built for a buddy of mine.
I gotta ask...You had pinstripes done on your compressor??....there's just got to be a story there.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peddler
I gotta ask...You had pinstripes done on your compressor??....there's just got to be a story there.
Almost done pimpin' out my garage at home so I had it striped.
There's a striper here at the shop a couple times a month restriping fenders, doors, etc. He owed me a favor so I had him stripe it.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
njhonker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks....all those look good too! I wanted flames originally but ended up with what I got somehow...lol just told the guy to keep it simple and thats what I got...thought it would be cheaper than what he quoted me for flames....when I got to pay it was the same! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh was done by Wizard at Destination Daytona at bike week this year....he does amazing work...you get what you pay for....I'm still thinkin I'd like flames better...he said only way I'm gettin this stuff off is sandpaper though....

Old 04-14-2011, 07:11 AM
MrCarver
Cruiser

Yeah the only way to get that pinstripe paint off is to wetsand & buff...

Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's mine. I also wanted to break up the black but in a sedate way. Here's what my guy came up with...not too much, just a touch.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

just find a local striper, check out his work, if you like, go for it, tell him what you had in mind, color, etc. then he'll do what he wants to do and not what you wanted. you may or may not be happy with what you get. lol

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Silver would look good, maybe Inferno Orange from CVO

Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
njhonker
Tourer

hawg08...looks really good....like the little touch on the dash....looks like a black widow spider...yup your right...you pretty much get whatever the hell they want to do unless you know EXACTLY what you want...I spent 2 days at this guys booth trying to decide what I wanted...I had countless pictures of bikes for different ideas and references.....I watched him do different bikes....and still I had no idea what I really wanted....after I got passed my flames idea...he asked me...look..what do you want? I said how bout just basic pinstripe?.....I don't do "basic" pinstripe he says...lol I said ok....have at it....the guys crew really was amazing...I watched them do some airbrush work on a couple bikes that they worked on the entire time of Bike Week...they came out unbelievable...one was a red Screamin'Eagle Streetglide Fireman bike they did...I watched them work on that for 5 days....looked AMAZING....I didn't get to see the final product when it was put together...wish I had...in the end if you have a good artist do it...you'll be happy I think. If not...take out a loan and get a custom paint job to cover it up....lol

Last edited by njhonker; 04-14-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:36 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am in the same boat and really like what NJhonker has done. I will be watching this thread.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:26 PM
inkdemon
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hawg08
Here's mine. I also wanted to break up the black but in a sedate way. Here's what my guy came up with...not too much, just a touch.

Very nice and not too crazy!

Quick Reply: Pinstriping....