Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are there EFI autotuners for 2000 bikes w/ MM EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default are there EFI autotuners for 2000 bikes w/ MM EFI?

Was thinking about going the cheaper route and use a Dobeck TFI or maybe a PCIII but then in my research I am seeing controllers that autotune - but I can't seem to find one for the older bikes except for the Terminal Velocity 3 which doesn't seem to be getting great reviews. My bike has stock motor (will stay that way) with stock headpipes, SE A/C, V&H basic slip-ons and a stage one flash. I am replacing the V&H with CFR slip-ons (I have Thunder Monster headpipe baffles to try if I need some bottom end torque).

Old 04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts

Why would you want autotune if you're not going to change anything else. You should be fine with a stage one download on that bike, if you really want to spend the money I'd say get a PCIII USB.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Why would you want autotune if you're not going to change anything else. You should be fine with a stage one download on that bike, if you really want to spend the money I'd say get a PCIII USB.
My thinking is this - when I switch out the slip-ons I will need to tune the bike because they are very open pipes....I hear the MM EFI can be hard to tune so I fear that tuning with a PCIII can be costly until the correct map is found and possibly need a dyno tune$$$ - the TFI sounds simple to adjust but has its limitations (may or may not be right for my needs) so, maybe an autotune will be more expensive on the front side but maybe easier to get the proper tune? maybe?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 PM
oldskoolbagger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Road King w/95" engine, MM injection, 510 S&S chain drive cams, true duals with VH Monster Rounds, Stage 1....and a Dobeck TFI....I think the Dobeck is very underrated....my bike went from needing to idle @ 1100 to me having the ability to idle it cleanly @ 700 rpm, with very strong mid range and top end....super easy to tune and can be adjusted for future changes to engine or exhaust....I would recommend the Dobeck

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldskoolbagger
I have a 2000 Road King w/95" engine, MM injection, 510 S&S chain drive cams, true duals with VH Monster Rounds, Stage 1....and a Dobeck TFI....I think the Dobeck is very underrated....my bike went from needing to idle @ 1100 to me having the ability to idle it cleanly @ 700 rpm, with very strong mid range and top end....super easy to tune and can be adjusted for future changes to engine or exhaust....I would recommend the Dobeck
I really love to hear that - I sooooo want to take the leap and buy the dobeck but with so many opinions it's driving me nuts. One thing stopping me is the mention that sometimes you need to PULL fuel from the mix and not just add fuel as the dobeck can only do. I can't seem to find out under what circumstances you would need to pull fuel to see if it applies to my set up. I think for the price I will just do it! THANKS