Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 AM
saverill21
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Windshields

Wondering how the tinted windshields affect viewing the road at night? I'm thinking about changing out the clear 20" shield that came with my 2011 RK, (which by the way the top edge of the shield hits right in my line of vision which I hate) and wondered how much harder it made seeing the road at night. Wondering if any of you guys had them and loved them, or have them and hated them at night.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a LRS shield in medium tint. It is noticeably tinted in the daylight, yet easy to see through at night should the need arise. The flip up design is great in that you can get a shorter shield and still have stock wind protection. Highly recommend giving them a try

Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
RockerBob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a "dark smoke" recurve shield from Clearview. I was about to order a lighter tint for night riding until I got my LED headlight and passing lights. I don't know if it's the brightness of the LEDs or the whiter color, but with the LEDs I can see through even the dark smoke at night.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

I had a 14" dark tint, but it was a little too low. Just went to the 16" which is still a little lower than normal for my size, because of the dark tint. It gets a little unnerving when you crest a hill at times at night, but most of my riding is in the daylight and I like the tint. It's not for everyone though.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

With our flip up on our windshield you can drop down to a 19" RK shield in medium tint or light tint. With tint you will not see much difference at night because on th RK there is no fairing to act as a shadow to the shield. Plus with your lights you will be able to see in front of you with no problems.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-12-2011, 11:56 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My dad's is a bit difficult at night. Mine is painted but its low so i dont have an issue

Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
With our flip up on our windshield you can drop down to a 19" RK shield in medium tint or light tint. With tint you will not see much difference at night because on th RK there is no fairing to act as a shadow to the shield. Plus with your lights you will be able to see in front of you with no problems.
LRS- Does the 19" give more protection than the stock? I can see over stock ok but I get some buffeting on the top side of the helmet at highway speeds. Not sure if I need the 21 or not...would prefer the 19 though

Old 05-12-2011, 12:28 PM
BADBREW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aggro_jo
I have a LRS shield in medium tint. It is noticeably tinted in the daylight, yet easy to see through at night should the need arise. The flip up design is great in that you can get a shorter shield and still have stock wind protection. Highly recommend giving them a try

Medium tint great for night and day.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I look over mine, so the tint doesn't bother me at all. i could probably go to solid black and wouldn't notice much difference

Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang Port Dawg, you are wearing me out. They are only 90 bucks...order the 19 already. LOL

To the OP, I have the 19" medium tint Longride and you can see fine at night. Get the 19" Longride, it offers you the same wind protection as the factory 21 and you can see over it. some pics of them here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...road-king.html and here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...mesws-rkc.html

Quick Reply: Tinted Windshields