Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Staying a KOA cabins

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BRKFLHX
They will also give a rating of the facility. Trust me when I say these ratings can be deceiving. Hope this helps a bit.
I take reviews like this with a grain of salt. Many owners and their friends can load up a review site with glowing reviews to get business in the door. Any group of reviews that doesn't have at least some negatives or neutrals is a warning sign to me. Humans in general are complainers...no matter how good a place is, somebody will complain about something.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:35 AM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's going to " + " and " - " to staying at a campground. Do some research first. I happen to think the price listed in some of these comments isn't accurate for a cabin. You might be able to find something cheaper if that's what you are into. Course you won't be able to have a fire at motel 6.....All depends on what you want

Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM
cp1
Cruiser

Amenities are sparse, and you'll probably need reservations, but still pretty cool. You may need to take everything you would need on a camping trip minus the tent, and you could probably stay in a motel cheaper.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The cabins in most RV parks are designed for groups(families,etc). Most have more than one bed, so if traveling alone you might be better off to find a motel or use a tent. I know the ones at a campground I worked at in N. Dakota didn't have toliets,running water and 2 didn't have electric at all. I think with having to pack a sleeping bag, or what ever you want to sleep under, a person would be better off to find a mom/pop motel in the area. Most are clean and unless the owners name is Bates, I would stay in most before staying in a campground cabin.

Joe

Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
KOA always good value.
Be aware that the grounds are hammered due to heavy use, but always clean and pretty quiet at night...early risers departing may wake you earlier than you want.
But that helps if you like to get going by 9.

I think "KOA" is Commanche for "by the railroad tracks"....

Lava Hot Springs UT has amazing shower/ rest room facilities, owner must be in the stone and tile business.

I mostly use my tent but will Kabin with wife once in a while, especially if raining.

They can be priced close to budget motel, so you have to choose what fits your circumstance.

most have wifi, I use my ipod touch to check weather ahead and plan route ( mcdonalds and starbucks also good for wifi)

mike
Lava Hot Springs is in Idaho, not Utah - but who's keeping track?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

me and the wife always stay at the best western harley discounts on rooms hot breakfast or cold which ever u prefer. all the amenities as home.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 PM
saguache1
Intermediate

They have some at the KOA in Rapid City and also at the Sioux Falls KOA they were both well worth the money, if I remember around $40.00. You need to make sure you have sleeping bag\bed roll.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
bamarider
Tourer

There is an APP called Camp & RV by Allstays. It lists all KOA's and other campgrounds. You can filter it to show only KOA's. Having all that information on the phone makes a difference.