Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 575's or 577's for a short guy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Louisianarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild 1 575's or 577's for a short guy?

Hey,

It's been a while since these two bars were compared and I'm hoping more riders have purchased them since the last comparison. I'm 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam. I have a 2011 Street Glide with a factory seat. The RKC that I traded in (look at my signature pic) had 13" Buffalo Bars and I liked them but were somewhat too wide and a little too high.

I'm going to get one of these two bars and with your help, I'm hoping I get it right the first time! Any input on the Wild 1's would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Perry

Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the 575s for 4 years now and love them. I am 5' 10" with a 30 inseam. The 575s are just the right increase in height, width and pullback for me. I highly recommend them.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Louisianarider
Tourer

Thanks for the response Gambler! They do look a good bit higher than the stock bars.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I am 5'7" and have the 575s. The only this is that they are a bit wider. Took a little adjustment and now I love them. Got about two inchs up and back as well...

Old 05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

Thanks for the input MOUTH! Do you ever feel like you're reaching for the bars? Also, how do you like your Klockwerks 6 1/2 inch shield? Can you see over it clearly?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I feel perfect where i am. If u want to try them, I am in Biloxi and go to Slidell quite a bit. I would be willing to meet u somewhere.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
mmracin
Stage IV

My brother and I just put 575's on 2011 SG and and Ultra limited. we are about same dimensions as u and they seem reel good now for reach and very comfortable. you should only need 4" longer clutch cable. wires are routed inside so it took allittle bit to figure out how to remove pins but found out how do to that from this very helpfull forum. GREG

Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

MOUTH, I appreciate that man, that's really cool. Greg, so far including you, everyone that has responded has gone with the 575's. Glad to know it's comfortable for you, that helps in my decision.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gambler
I have had the 575s for 4 years now and love them. I am 5' 10" with a 30 inseam. The 575s are just the right increase in height, width and pullback for me. I highly recommend them.

Hey, what's that vet doing in your garage? You're gonna need to take that out of there and leave it at my house, city ordnance 14760.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have any other bars in mind then I would take "themouth" up on he offer (and yes that is a great offer). In fact, I was just trying to make a decision between two sets of bars for mine, and was having a hard time pulling the trigger without some "hands on" feel. A few days ago another member here posted about his new bars (they happened to be one the ones I was considering) and I saw that he lived not too awful far away, and I PM'd him and we met this last weekend and I checked out the one's he had, and never looked back. I went home and placed the order for them as soon as I got home.

So, I vote for the "hands on" approach, I mean a couple of more days before you order, shouldn't mean as much as knowing you loved the feel. Good luck and enjoy your new bars, whichever they end up being.

Quick Reply: Wild 1 575's or 577's for a short guy?