Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So wifey says...what if you bought a new Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Cross over to the "DARK SIDE" & get you a RGU. Hey,to the guy that's said he'll wait to he's 40 to get a "FUGLY" You should just stay with your Batwing.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:41 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

If a man wants a bike, and his wife says no....and that's it.....end of discussion?

Glad I'm single then. I buy what I want, when I want it.

Are you guys adults or kids? You guys remind me of the way my mom talked to me when I was 15.

sheesh!

Talking it over with the wife is expected....her shutting you down like that (to me) is not.

If you want a new bike, then go trade in the '07 and get it.

Sometimes, you guys are going to have to go over to the drawer and take your ***** back, me thinks.

~Joe

Old 06-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,506 Likes on 3,335 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
If a man wants a bike, and his wife says no....and that's it.....end of discussion?

Glad I'm single then. I buy what I want, when I want it.

Are you guys adults or kids? You guys remind me of the way my mom talked to me when I was 15.

sheesh!

Talking it over with the wife is expected....her shutting you down like that (to me) is not.

If you want a new bike, then go trade in the '07 and get it.

Sometimes, you guys are going to have to go over to the drawer and take your ***** back, me thinks.

~Joe
???? She rides with me, eats with me, drinks with me, sleeps with me, party's with me, vacations with me, brings a nice paycheck home to me,. I thinks she giving the thumbs up to spend over $20k on a TOY is a pretty nice ....
She never shut me down...SHe brought the subject up out of nowhere while we were driving down the road....I never expected this from her mouth and haven't mentioned anything about a new bike....

Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems me riding an Ultra was the wifes idea. I was perfectly happy riding my old Sportster.
Now that I have an Ultra I ride much longer distances than I would have ever gone an a sporty. Vacation in the mountains, visits to Tn, etc.

It's great having a wife make suggestions like that. I'm on my third Ultra now and got another Sportster to play around on.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Good luck w/your decision - that's a hard one. Run the #'s & if you're happy...that's all that matters. For these deals - you only have to listen to yourself.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,506 Likes on 3,335 Posts

I was riding a 05 XL883C and loved it...Wife said she would never ride again because of a previous spill we had a few years earlier...she saw how much fun i had and asked to take a ride and then she says you need a bigger bike....It is the only reason i bought a FLHTC...i was gonna buy a Dyna Wide Glide or a Heritage but for 2 up i knew i had to kick it up a notch....4 years and 60000 miles later she loves it, bought her a small bike she got her own liscense and now she only rides on the back of mine....added intercomm CB, music in the headsets, pipes exhaust etc.....Like my bike but i am at the point where it will be considered excssive mileage if i keep it...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 AM
ltmdl90
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it was me i would wait until the 2012's hit the floor or at least the web.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:15 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default I Agree / Disagree

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
..I would wait until you see what 2012 brings...kind of close now to be doing any dealing...
1 word - leftover!
I got the BEST deal when talking turkey on a leftover!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I Got a 2010 limited, you wont regret it!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
???? She rides with me, eats with me, drinks with me, sleeps with me, party's with me, vacations with me, brings a nice paycheck home to me,. I thinks she giving the thumbs up to spend over $20k on a TOY is a pretty nice ....
She never shut me down...SHe brought the subject up out of nowhere while we were driving down the road....I never expected this from her mouth and haven't mentioned anything about a new bike....
You're a lucky man.

Quick Reply: So wifey says...what if you bought a new Ultra?