Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Ceramic Headpipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 PM
envexed
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Moto Ceramic Headpipe

Anyone put a Jackpot Ceramic pipe on a stock 96 or 103 with out any other mods ?
Temp drop with out any air flow difference or fuel mgmt?
Did it work good? Happy with it?
I had V&H Monster Ovals on but they gave me a head ache on long rides, I guess I am getting older and perfer the quiet stock muffler. If I keep the bike stock and just remove the cat , the OEM Delco Module will adapt enought and I should be ok as I see it. Wondering if others has just stopped at the pipe only , and how did it do.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 AM
rlhdude
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting.... bump.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

With no other changes, the only temp drop you are going to see is the radiant heat comming off the catalyst area by your right foot, this you can achieve by removing the cat from your OEM pipe. Without adding fuel, you definately will not see a decrease in CHTs or oil temp. If you have no plans of further performance mods, the FM headpipe would be a waste of money. Also a catless pipe will make your OEM mufflers a bit louder which is opposite the direction you are headed. You have already convinced yourself that the ECM can accomdate the headpipe change with no problem, so thats not an issue for you. Now you just need to define what what source of heat you are concerned with, prioritize the heat and noise, and then revisit the many different approaches to mitigate them.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:12 PM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contrary to NORMAL, whatever that is........... Your best answer to your questions concerning Fuel Moto products and performance is with Jamie and Fuel Moto.... My
experience with this company is they will shoot straight with you and be up front......No one knows more about their products than FM....... They WILL NOT BS you just to sell you their products............ Just my .02.........................hdman