Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with LED driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDFan
I dunno Jo.. I'm a ticketed heavy duty partsman and I NEVER take a customers word on part #'s they bring because more often than not they are wrong. A good partsman should always double check for correct fitment, and besides, it would offer an opportunity to up-sell extra parts, which should be the goal of every good counterman (after providing the proper parts to begin with lol ).
G.
+1. My parts guy is like you and I really appreciate it. I don't think the customer should have to do the salesman's job. They don't give me a discount for doing his job for him, I'm paying extra for his expertise. Otherwise, I'd do my research on my dime (my own time) and order the parts online for a discount. Then, at least, If I ordered the wrong parts or didn't order all the parts I needed then I would only have myself to blame.... In the end, it's called "poor customer service" I could order all the right parts and possibly receive some wrong parts or the counter person at the dealership could mess up. It happens all too often and eventually you're gonna get screwed....Most of the time, in my experience, things get straightened out sooner or later and I just have to deal with the ineptitude of the vendor while I waste my time going back and forth to the dealership or return shipping to and from the online vendor......About the only thing you can do is bitch and gripe about it. lol

Last edited by smithbrl; 06-26-2011 at 11:48 AM.