Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with LED driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:15 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with LED driving lights

I purchased new LED driving lights from Harley, they were back ordered, well I went to put them on today, and they have a totally different wiring connection.
See mine is a 2002 Ultra, and it has 2 plugs that slips over the connectors.
Well the new and improved HD LED has a plug where it is just one connection.
Here is my question, does harley or anyone else have a connector for the driving lights to upgrade it to the new system.
The Jackass at the parts counter knows my bike, and should have told me.
before I go back I thought I'd get some answers in here.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the HD site for the adapters needed on your model year. Don't blame the counter person when the info is out there AND very easily accessible. Shame on you for buying them without doing your research before hand.
All models with a 4" round auxiliary forward lighting. '04-earlier models with auxiliary lamps equipped with spade connectors require separate purchase of Adapter Harness P/N 68355-05 (qty 2).

Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dunno Jo.. I'm a ticketed heavy duty partsman and I NEVER take a customers word on part #'s they bring because more often than not they are wrong. A good partsman should always double check for correct fitment, and besides, it would offer an opportunity to up-sell extra parts, which should be the goal of every good counterman (after providing the proper parts to begin with lol ).
G.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Not a lot of these lights out there yet so cool out on counter person, get the adapter and call it a day. You will like these lights a lot, they make the whole set up with the headlight, adds a lot more side light.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:46 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Read the instruction sheet FIRST!It says:
Additional Parts Required
2004 and earlier Touring models:require the separate purchase of two Y-harnesses(68355-05).
Don't blame the parts guy he cannot remember EVERY customer bike.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:28 AM
davidw221
Supporter

Ok guys you got me, I need to be nice when return to the HD counter, to order the parts, thanks for the part number, this will help.
I read the instructions twice, it didn't mention the part number ya-all mentioned.
Humm, anyway thanks guys, again your all the greatest

Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by davidw221
Ok guys you got me, I need to be nice when return to the HD counter, to order the parts, thanks for the part number, this will help.
I read the instructions twice, it didn't mention the part number ya-all mentioned.
Humm, anyway thanks guys, again your all the greatest
It's on the 1st page on the left side under "GENERAL" then there is "Kit Number" then "Models" then "Additional Parts Required".Not a big deal it can happen sometimes.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:56 PM
davidw221
Supporter

I ordered the kits from HD, then went to Custom Dynamics, and ordered the LED headlamp, I like the day time lighting better than the HD, thats the reason I mixed brands. I was nice to the counter guy, Should have the parts on my scooter my the weekend

Old 06-26-2011, 10:41 AM
davidw221
Supporter

Well, guess what sports fans, after I went to the dealer to the dealer,ordered the part number listed about, I stopped by there yesterday to see if the part was in, he looked and said, OH! that part is back ordered, it won't be available until July 25,2011
I just turned around and walked out without saying a word.
My custom Dynamics headlight came within 4 days.
The headlight is on, but The harley crap again is on backorder.
Again, MY distain for harley, not the dealer.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 AM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Check the HD site for the adapters needed on your model year. Don't blame the counter person when the info is out there AND very easily accessible. Shame on you for buying them without doing your research before hand.
All models with a 4" round auxiliary forward lighting. '04-earlier models with auxiliary lamps equipped with spade connectors require separate purchase of Adapter Harness P/N 68355-05 (qty 2).
parts guy should know his ****...if i walk in a give him the year, make, model of my scoot and he gives me the wrong parts it sures as **** is his **** up. its called customer service.

Quick Reply: Help with LED driving lights