Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quieting down Reinhart True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:44 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

i just replaced my stock front pipes, and rear Kerker slip ons[ nice sound] with Reinhart true Duals, I like the feel and the sound, BUT after a long ride [like the other post have said] its a thump on the the ear drums, I dont want to wear ear plugs and cant see myself going back [i wanted O2 holes for my Thunder max O2 sensors] so what does work? Wraps drills bolts? like to hear from some success stories

Last edited by ultra_classic; 07-23-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can hook you up with the number to the company that makes wild pigs. I'm pretty sure they dont make one with a 2" inlet but i think they would make you a set. I live 2-3 miles from the factory and they have done some custom work for me in the past. I had pigs before my Rineharts and they are MUCH quieter! Thats why i took them off.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:59 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member

Question? Is it the true Duals that make it LOUDER or the combination of TD and Reinhart mufflers

Old 08-12-2011, 03:58 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

TDs will be louder even with stock mufflers. Rinehart TDs just sound awesome. I have Rinehart TDs on both bikes and at crusing highway speeds the wife and i can talk normally. Are your mufflers new?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 PM
oasis03
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Took mine off and put on stock 2006 screaming eagle mufflers. I love the sound nice and quite yet still puts out 100 hp.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I know a sure fire way to quiet them down, you can trade me for my stock exhaust! I need some more sound from mine I miss my reinharts from my fatboy

Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member

Originally Posted by coolerman69
TDs will be louder even with stock mufflers. Rinehart TDs just sound awesome. I have Rinehart TDs on both bikes and at crusing highway speeds the wife and i can talk normally. Are your mufflers new?
Yes the system is brand new, I love the sound and tone but would like to take some of the edge off, I had Kerker slip ons before as seen in my picture/signature, The main reason for the true dual set up was 1. Oxygen sensor port's for my ThunderMax [yes i know i could weld some on] 2. sound, 3. looks. So i have been reading about mods to tame them a bit... keep the ideas coming guys and gals

Old 08-13-2011, 07:58 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ultra_classic
Yes the system is brand new, I love the sound and tone but would like to take some of the edge off, I had Kerker slip ons before as seen in my picture/signature, The main reason for the true dual set up was 1. Oxygen sensor port's for my ThunderMax [yes i know i could weld some on] 2. sound, 3. looks. So i have been reading about mods to tame them a bit... keep the ideas coming guys and gals
Ok next question. If those are the Rineharts in your sig pic, are those tips the same thickness inside the muffler as the Rinehart tips?

Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Ok next question. If those are the Rineharts in your sig pic, are those tips the same thickness inside the muffler as the Rinehart tips?

I had Kerker slip ons before as seen in my picture/signature with factory head pipes, now I have [Bub]Rineharts True dual with 2" inlet mufflers, and find it to loud, it looks like Bub Stealth 7 is the only quiet 2" slip on available.

Update: I did add a Baffle from ??? cant think of the name right now and it reduced the noise by 6-8 db and took the edge off, BUT it also took the bottom end pull that i liked, so. Options are replace head pipes and put on my slip ons i had, $400-500, Or try the Bub 7 Stealths $500-700.

Keep this string going, Thanks Mark

Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found the same problem with my Rinehart 2into2 pipes. After a couple days on the road they were just annoying as hell ! Pulled the baffles: was going to wrap (stock are NOT wrapped) but there wasn't enough clearance. Noticed the little louvers on the baffle pointed towards the end of the pipes. Reversed them (pointed toward header end) and it dropped the volume a little AND gained some performance from the back pressure. Been that way for about 2500 miles: no problems and I can stand the sound on longer hauls !

Good luck.

EDIT: By the way: I called Rinehart about the "Quiet" baffles and the rep flat out said they made no difference !

Quick Reply: Quieting down Reinhart True Duals