Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Can't Decide on a Bike, Harley or Victory

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...r-victory.html

ISSUE

Can’t decide between an Harley Davidson Road Glide vs a Victory Cross Country bike. This thread is asking the forum for opinions and discussion about the differences between the two bikes.

While both bikes are good bikes for Cross Country trips, the main issue with Victory bikes is it being hard to find a dealer for servicing.
Print Wikipost

Can't decide on a bike, harley or victory

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:20 AM
REDHEAD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looks

I too was only reading a FEW post back...

I wonder if the OP taste buds were on the Blink...

NO Way I would have a V bike.... Just On LOOKS...

Harley's are an ADDICTION and fit only Certain types...

Many here Fit That Bill...

Nough...

Gotta go have my FIX...

signed....REDHEAD

Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I've never heard a Harley owner say "I wish I'd bought a Victory or metric bike.
Now you have. After 4 years and 3 different brand new Harley's I'm back on a metric.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:28 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Never see me on a Polaris or metric.

I would ride an Indian though...Harley or Indian.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,443 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Now you have. After 4 years and 3 different brand new Harley's I'm back on a metric.
Now that I've encountered the proverbial unicorn. Did your riding style change to move you to a metric or was it dissatisfaction with a Harley? I guess I can't say " I never" anymore.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:21 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Now that I've encountered the proverbial unicorn. Did your riding style change to move you to a metric or was it dissatisfaction with a Harley? I guess I can't say " I never" anymore.
I had a 10 Electra Glide Classic, an 11 Ultra Limited and the last one was the 11 Road King Classic. The Road King with the 103 was my favorite. Change of riding style and lack of power were the 2 biggest factors. I traded my 06 Roadliner in on the first Harley, big mistake, should have kept that bike. So I had a chance to sell the Road King and the rest is history. I bought a used 07 Stratoliner with 7k miles on it. So now I'm back where I started. Right at a 100 hp bike for $8k and does everything the HD did. And I smile every time I twist the throttle.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:27 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trainedkilla
Never see me on a Polaris or metric.

I would ride an Indian though...Harley or Indian.
Indian is owned by Polaris which bought out the name rights to Indian Motorcycles, so Indian and Victory are Polaris Industries owned companies.

Polaris Industries Inc. purchased Indian Motorcycle Company in April 2011. Polaris Industries, founded in 1954, is a $3 billion power sports company with a history of developing segment leading, high quality products. You can have confidence knowing that your 2014 Indian Motorcycle® is developed, tested, and backed by this market leader.

I ride a Harley because it suits my taste in bikes. I'll ride along with anyone on any kind of bike as long we keep it civil about each others choice in brands

Only Victory bike I can't abide with is the Vision Tour because that pavement canoe is ugly as homemade soap IMO. Everyone I have met that rides one raves about them though so I gather they perform well. My view is its not what you ride that matters as much as whether you ride

Old 01-27-2015, 12:43 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

I have both and here is my take.

Harleys are loaded with passion and character with a nostalgic riding style. Metrics wreak with normality, but a nice change sometimes.

Metrics are boring to look at, but cheap to own. Harley's are art in motion begging for a personal touch.

Metrics are statement of precision. Harleys are a statement of man’s lusting soul.

I will never be without a Harley, but some days I feel like a nut.

Beary

Old 01-27-2015, 12:52 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Nothing screams BORING more than a Black Street Glide

Old 01-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Puma NJ
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I rode the old Victory Kingpin and it was nice. Their touring bikes are looooooooonnng, but the reviews are decent. The only negative I've heard is soft power delivery from the motor and a little rough shifting. You gotta ride 'em. Just make sure you have room in your garage for the Vic. Personally I'd go Street Glide over Road Glide. I just like the Batwing's looks better and it's a little lighter. I actually have a Vic dealer closer to me than either of the local H-D dealers, but they couldn't fix a final drive leak on a Kawi I bought from them that turned out to be a 20 minute job somewhere else. I think they are too busy on sportbikes, dirtbikes, watercraft, all terrain vehicles, boats, lawnmowers, tractors, etc. Since switching to H-D I've been 100% satisfied with the bikes and I'd say about 95% satisfied with the dealers.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Nothing screams BORING more than a Black Street Glide
Not everyone has the soul for American iron.

Beary

Quick Reply: Can't decide on a bike, harley or victory