Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Can't Decide on a Bike, Harley or Victory

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...r-victory.html

ISSUE

Can’t decide between an Harley Davidson Road Glide vs a Victory Cross Country bike. This thread is asking the forum for opinions and discussion about the differences between the two bikes.

While both bikes are good bikes for Cross Country trips, the main issue with Victory bikes is it being hard to find a dealer for servicing.
Print Wikipost

Can't decide on a bike, harley or victory

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:16 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
Not everyone has the soul for American iron.

Beary

Interestingly enough, I do have the soul. Even though it was assembled in Mexico it still wears American Badges. And no, I don't have a Prius in the garage either.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:58 PM
caedenspa
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I've owned two Triumphs, a Yamaha (VMAX), a Ducati, a Victory, a BMW, and two Harleys. The Victory was by FAR better built than the Harley. That said, it should be noted that I still own both Harleys, and NOT the Victory. One of the Harleys was in the garage alongside most of those other bikes. When I bought the second Harley, the Vic was traded in. Better built, but not near as enjoyable. I won't go back to Victory. Indian? They're gorgeous, but we'll have to see if Polaris can do better with the brand than its previous umpteen owners.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Roadglide33
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wannabe
Are you on drugs? A Victory? The only thing you'll be victorious in accomplishing is throwing a grip of money down the toilet. Shame on you, Sir.
Ageed!!! Victory are you kidding me??? Why in the world would anyone want to buy a Polaris (Victory) unless it was a snowmobile??? Plastic fenders, plastic saddlebags, plastic fairings... There is a reason Harley out sells everyone else by far...

Old 01-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Not knocking you at all. You own a harley. But if you have to compare the two and your even thinking victory....deep down you probably want and need a victory. Go victory and tell us how you like it.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:00 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

As long as your not interested in getting any accessories from Victory you should be good. The cc is a good touring plat form. They have a couple of things that I would like to see HD do. Adjustable floorboards, better spaced and a slight lower gearing.
I was very impressed with the handling and seating comfort, +2 bars are needed for most riders. The electronics are okay.
The seating is different but comfortable. Just doesn't feel like I want. The Street Glide was a better choice for me.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:19 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Nothing screams BORING more than a Black Street Glide
Coming from a metric rider...

Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Both bikes are great out on the road. They offer different riding experiences, and this is something you will need to decide for yourself which appeals to you.

Both dealers will be happy to offer you a test ride, however most Harley riders like the additional social benefits that come with the Marque. Dealership experience is also different.

If you are only considering which is the better transportation, you are kind of missing the boat. Probably 90% of Harley rides are done for pure pleasure. They enjoy that unique experience that the Harley provides. If I was looking for just driving down the road, I would not be comparing Harley to Victroy, but a motorcycle to a car.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:17 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like my Ultra Classic, but I have to admit having regrets about not spending more comparison time on the Cross Country Tour. If I could do it over again, I'd probably buy the Victory. My HD is a good bike, but the CCT just seems to fit me better without the major and expensive ergo mods I've had to do for the HD. I'm only 5'10", but my Ultra has always felt cramped and tall to me. The Victory's ergos are more stretched out and low (for a tourer.) Unfortunately I'm so financially deep in mine, I'll have to keep it. Otherwise, I'd already be stretching out on a new Vic. YMMV.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:25 PM
danny54
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I thought victory went out of business, What a piece of crap.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM
RickDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the Victory if you like it better than the Harley and are not concerned about having a dealer close by if you need an emergency repair.

Quick Reply: Can't decide on a bike, harley or victory