Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anti vibration hand grips for carpel tunnel in both hands?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using these. Sometimes my hands cramp up where I have to force them open.

http://www.qwinerveprotector.com/

Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hesitant to install these large diameter leather wrapped grips from "Coolsac", not knowing if I would like them but glad I did. Got them from Eastern Performance Cycles. I can ride all day without any of the usual cramping and discomfort. The large size prevents closing your hands as much, resulting in a much more relaxing but still good grip.
It is subjective to a certain extent depending on the individual's symtoms/condition and I do have large hands. I wear looser fitting gloves as well, seems to help.

Attached Thumbnails anti vibration hand grips for carpel tunnel in both hands?-ergo-009.jpg  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Mathnerd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive been living and riding with CTS for something like 20 years and have tried just about everything there is to help with the numbness and pain.
Optimizing hand position and wrist angle provides the most reduction of symptoms and for me that means 13" LA Choppers Prime Apes and a large diameter grip. This plus cruise control means I can ride 12 hrs with no hand issues. Vibrations can certainly put your hands to sleep but that is not necessarily an indicator of CTS. If you have been diagnosed with CTS, the gel-filled, anti-vibration stuff probably wont provide relief. On the other hand (see what I did there), if you are just having trouble with buzzy hands then they will probably work to some extent.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by stub
surgery.........had both of mine cut, it works.
ditto

Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 AM
EasternPC_CustomerService
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to love this thread. If your experiencing the same issues with skinnier grips switch to the coolsac they offer a wider gripping area so your hand doesn't get tired at all. Just had a guy get his third set this morning and swears by them. I had to try them myself and now i know exactly what hes saying, these grips do save your wrist and hands on long rides, in stock for cable or electronic throttle

Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 PM
130 Hercules
Novice

I just installed the Vibranator on my 2007 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. They have a 30 day money back guarantee, so I thought it was worth checking it out.

So the verdict... at idle my handlebars would shake and my mirrors, no way you could visibly see anything. While riding, the vibration wasn't horrible, but I differently could feel a bit of tiredness at the end of any ride.

After the Vibrantor, BOY DO THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE! At idle, my bars are not shaking all over the place and I can actually see clearly in my mirrors at idle. I haven't had a chance to take a ride as it down poured today, but I plan on taking her out tomorrow and will let you know if the ride feels different. With the huge difference at idle, I certainly expect a big difference while riding.

They were very easy to put on, great instructions, too, me about 30 minutes to do both. If you plan on changing your grips, this is the time to do it since you have to pull them off to install the Vibranator.

So far I would say, they were worth every penny!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:09 PM
130 Hercules
Novice

So today, the day before Christmas took my Electra Glide out for a run and tested out the Vibranators. Well... they are every bit what they claim. Very little vibration while running and at idle more than 50% less vibration.

I did notice though depending on the level of vibration, at times I could actually feel a very slight tapping in the handle bar. I believe this is the Vibranator doing its job. No tingling, numbness, or tiredness in my hands. Worth every penny!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 495 Posts

For years, I have used an old dirt track trick to help minimize handlebar vibration...I got get some lead wool from my hardware store...plumbers use it, I understand...and four brass automotive freeze plugs whose OD is the same as the ID of my bars...I use a 3/8" extension to ram one of the plugs as far down as it will go, then force & tamp as much lead wool as I can into the end of the bar, then top it off with another brass freeze plug to keep the lead wool from coming out. Do that on both sides, and if you can, try to fill up the middle with PVC silicone.

Obviously, this won't work too good if you run yer wiring etc thru the bars, but if you don't, it will make a difference!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stub
surgery.........had both of mine cut, it works.
++ on that! I'm recovering from my second hand being done now. It takes longer for them to do the paperwork than it will for the surgeon to do the work, it only take them 15 minutes or less.

No more going numb, wearing wrist braces to bed at night or waking up with numb fingers.

Git R done!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:40 AM
1roadking
Tourer
Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't feel any vibes in my bars other then idle. Wonder why you guys are feeling so much?

Quick Reply: anti vibration hand grips for carpel tunnel in both hands?