Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield for tall guys, what do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:58 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Windshield for tall guys, what do you recommend?

OK, I am 6-3, and am looking for a new windshield. I would like to get away from stock and move to one with a lip, don't know if they work. but am looking for some input on what you taller guys went with.
Maybe a black one too...

Why am I looking for a new windshield. Cus rain-x did a number on my stock one. Lots of little circles and it is getting pretty scratched up.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I have and like the 9" Long Ride Shield, I'm 6'2" , it works good for me.....windy for the passenger. I also have the 14" clear flat top from flhtcustomwindshields, which gives Super protection because it is also wider....less wind for passenger. Check out web sites as well.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Candubrain
Road Captain
Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by the4thgearkid
OK, I am 6-3, and am looking for a new windshield. I would like to get away from stock and move to one with a lip, don't know if they work. but am looking for some input on what you taller guys went with.
Maybe a black one too...

Why am I looking for a new windshield. Cus rain-x did a number on my stock one. Lots of little circles and it is getting pretty scratched up.

I'm 6'6", and went with the Long Ride Shield Ultra Flat top in a 10", works perfect for me
http://www.longrideshields.com/flat-top.html

Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 284 Likes on 215 Posts

For a recurve or flip shield, you want the top to be even with your mustache or bottom of you nose, that should deflect the air nicely over your head. Sit on your bike(normal riding position) and have someone get eye level with you and have them mark your current shield with a piece of tape, measure and order.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm 6'3" and use a long ride 10" ultra flip. like it a lot

Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 PM
arlinsg
Road Captain
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

6-2" and I just installed a 8" Aero from FastAire, and gave a small review yesterday, look for FastAire Thumbs Up.

I would go with a 9 or 10 inch,.
I think any higher than that looks kind of funky.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Rich67
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6'2 got a 10" Freedom Shield dark see over it just fine and still protected well.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 PM
sbledsoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Klock Werks 11" Flare windshield is a fantastic shield with great aerodynamic/handling benefits...and it looks great as well. Several shades of tint s.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 AM
pritzent
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clearview Shields

I'm usually a lurker here, but this time I do have something to offer . . .

I'm 6'3" also. I like to sit behind a shield, looking through it and not over or around it. I have been very, very satisfied with the Clearview shield. And yes, I have the 17.5 inch with the vent.

Been through some heavy storms lately with this and have stayed pretty dry behind it . . .

However, to each their own . . .

Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by the4thgearkid
Maybe a black one too...

If you're interested, our shield are on sale right now for $69.99. I'd be more than happy to talk with you and help you get the right size for you if you would like. I guarantee, you will be very happy with the difference in protection you get with our shield. Give me a call anytime at 775-331-3789.
Steelerdude hit it right on the head with sizing one up, and his method is one of the easiest. Once you mark the shield, measure up from the top of the center screw to the mark you make, and that's the size you need!
James, Long Ride Shields

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Quick Reply: Windshield for tall guys, what do you recommend?