Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-Twin Manufacturing

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:53 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Default V-Twin Manufacturing

Anyone familiar with V-Twin Mfg. products?
Interested to know about quality, specifically shift lever arms.
Thanks.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM
HandleBarLouie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All china products. Quality varies depending on the product you choose. They are a "get what you pay for" company.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HandleBarLouie
All china products. Quality varies depending on the product you choose. They are a "get what you pay for" company.
Was afraid of that as the pricing on an item I looked at was nearly half of a company that I know is good quality.
Thanks

Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had some heel rests from them. They were a HD discontinued design that V-Twin was selling. The quality wasnt to bad but the chrome seemed to scuff easier than any HD chrome I have had. Other than that they held up well.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use them occasionally for my 69FLH since it's hard to find OEM. Decent quality.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts
Old 07-21-2011, 07:01 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default crap

There are many, many examples of coping working and tried motorcycle solutions (parts). It costs money to develop and test manufactured parts and in many cases, make them here in the USA with US employees. These Chinese parts may look the same but in reality they may not work the same.

A recent case that I have personally experienced. Many major distributors sell the "Taiwan Ted's" V-Twin chrome kickstand spring. I had purchased 3 of them at one time for my own bike and all failed within 1~3 months. Went to HD and finally bought the black OEM spring and the problem was solved. Think this is no big deal? Try and use your bike when a broken kickstand spring breaks! Think how you would stop for gas, et Al.

The list goes on.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:57 AM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to turn this into an anti-China crap thread, but for businesses, cheaply made products produced overseas increase their profits so many are obviously doing it, to include the Moco. We as consumers get shafted, and most businesses could give 2 sh^ts about consumers. There are exceptions obviously: many smaller US based companies refuse to use imported goods and stand behind their products: Jagg, Cycle Electrics, for example, and there are many others. I'm all for buying from US companies whenever I can.

My .02

Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sargek
Not to turn this into an anti-China crap thread, but for businesses, cheaply made products produced overseas increase their profits so many are obviously doing it, to include the Moco. We as consumers get shafted, and most businesses could give 2 sh^ts about consumers. There are exceptions obviously: many smaller US based companies refuse to use imported goods and stand behind their products: Jagg, Cycle Electrics, for example, and there are many others. I'm all for buying from US companies whenever I can.

My .02
I agree. After reading the letter Marv from Jagg wrote, now way am I buying a product from V-Twin Mfg.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:12 AM
clubnebo
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry 7 Gallon fuel tank

I purchased a 7 gallon fuel tank for my 05 FLH.
Quality NOT too good, Fuel cross over lines had to be re welded as they were pointing directly at coils and as a result fuel line would not fit.
The dash is a poor fit, huge gaps when fitted,I had to grind a little at the dash and move the mounting points to close some of the gaps.
Unable to use all 7 gallons,bike runs out of gas and will take 6 gallons.
Due to slope of tank and fact that fuel pump cannot be modified to reach lower back section to access last gallon of gas.
I contacted V Twin via email and asked some questions, they were less than helpful, felt like I was wasting there time.
Recommend fitting a 6 gallon tank to anyone looking at these tanks as you cant access the last gallon.
Does anyone know how to modify the reach on fuel pump.
Fuel pump and bag is a one piece unit , cannot be modified.

Quick Reply: V-Twin Manufacturing