Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatShotz Mufflers: Ahhh...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FatShotz Mufflers: Ahhh...so nice!

Installed the HD Fatshotz Mufflers (80847-10) today to go with the SE Intake and HD Stage 1 Download I had done previously.

Excellent muffler! Quality is good. Tone is deeper than the stock mufflers on my '11 Ultra Classic, and just a touch louder. I think these are a good compromise in modest performance boost and good sound without being loud.

They are quieter than the Monster Ovals I had on a previous bike, and don't seem to offer quite the performance boost, but I think a very good Stage 1 combination for those who don't want a loud muffler. They remind me of the old Street Performance Touring Mufflers I had on a previous bike.

Last edited by Pastor John; 07-27-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
1mrbill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, have a set on my '08RG. V&H true duals, stage 1, Fuelmoto PCV, and Fatshots with closed end caps and 16 discs per side. Nice rumble, and quiet cruising. Ride on!!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Well I can't hear them, but the certainly look good!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pastor John, do you still have the cat in your headpipe? You are doing the same thing I am doing. Have the Fatshotz pipes and am waiting to put them on until I get the AC and the download. How's the heat and performance?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

These are exactly the mufflers i've been thinking of going to. So far running all stock until just recently and have now begun a Stage I upgrade at 45,000 miles.

At this moment I'm running a PCV, V&H Powerduals and by this weekend a SE Ventilator air kit. The stock mufflers are still on the bike at this time and do sound deeper and a wee bit louder with the CAT no longer there (this is a CA bike).

I don't want loud, I just want a deeper tone with just the tiniest bit more sound.

Question: These SE Fatshotz are adjustable with discs? How does that work and how "adjustable" are they?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 PM
1mrbill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More discs = more noise, more top end power, less = more bottom end power,quieter. I have closed end caps and feel that they sound like mellow glass packs. Go to Supertrapp website, they have a forum and can expertly answer all questions. I feel they are the most versitile muffler out there for the money. Very tunable for any future engine mods. JMO. Ride on!

Old 07-27-2011, 05:26 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are not intended to be adjustable as they are EPA compliant. One of the screws holding on the end cap is a "security" screw, A lot of people get this screw out and then you can change the discs. If you look at the photo, this screw is in the 12 o'clock position.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

SuperTrapp sells a kit of disks and endcaps for these pipes that includes the special allen wrench needed. I may try experimenting with the disks, but overall I am pretty pleased with the mufflers as they are.

I'm still running the cat and don't anticipate removing it. Seems like a lot of trouble, although it sounds like removing it would reduce the heat and perhaps improve performance. I can't say that the Fatshotz reduce the heat at all, but it was 96* in Atlanta today and 105* at street level, so everything seems hot. Can barely stand holding onto the grips on a day like today!

The combo of the Fatshotz, SE Intake, and Stage 1 Download provide, in my opinion, a mild Stage 1 that provides some modest performance improvement and the engine seems to respond quicker and run better. Aftermarket equipment (e.g. Vance & Hines, FuelMoto, etc) will no doubt provide stronger performance gains, but with a higher cost and some compromises such as more noise, more electronics hanging on the ECM, etc. I've gone that route on other bikes and enjoyed those choices, but for this bike I thought it would be interesting to go the HD route and see if I like the results. So far, so good.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good Pastor John, thanks for the pics. Like yourself I'm not looking to drastically change the bike as it is, just would like a little deeper tone. So if I understand right you have only done the a/c, the pipes and the Stage 1 software download....you don't have the SE Tuner correct?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
sesto123
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks for the write up Pastor John- I am doing th same set up to my wife's SG when the pipes come in- SE AC and stage one already done-

Quick Reply: FatShotz Mufflers: Ahhh...