Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Powerport Dual Headpipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:29 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

I was not trying to stir a pot, see post 4 and 7
heck I love my cobra speedsters and, I think
you for the information about cobra usa

Last edited by 6 gun; 08-07-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

I called Cobra once and asked them about some of there pipes and this was what one of the techs told me but thats great in my book, I have V&H's and love them, V&H's also make the Kuryakyn pipes as well, nothing wrong with that!!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:59 AM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
My apologies, I will shut up and listen (read) a little better.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 AM
BlackeyCoveR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra

I like the look of this dual. I am leaning towards these to replace the stock pipe on my 2011 RK, but I am leaning towards Rinehart mufflers. I also like the look of Cobra's SuperFlo air cleaner.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
As long as you're not stirring any pots or whatnot ...

Old 11-01-2012, 04:57 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wingfoot
If anyone is looking at this headpipe for their 2010-12 Ultra, here is my Saturday.

I think the quality is as good as my V&H Power Duals were. I really like the look of the true dual look but has a cross over chamber from front and rear pipe.

There are three main pieces; front headpipe, rear headpipe and the collector/crossover/powerport. The crossover is a full size tube, no flat tube like stock.

I think they were the easiest headpipe I have installed in the last few years. I am impressed with the fit and finish of the heat shields. My SE mufflers went on easy. I do notice more sound coming from the left muffler than with the stock even with the CAT removed or the V&H Power Duals.

The powerport chamber that connects the front and rear pipes is about 1"X3" and should help over a true dual for torque.

I attached a few shots of the kit and the installed look. I am pretty happy with the look and sound. Not enough miles to get a good feel as to any noticeable power loss or gains, but I think they will be a keeper.
Hi Wingfoot!

Enjoyed your post regarding the Cobra Power Port Duals, so much so I ordered a set for my 2012 Ultra Limited. I noticed that you are using the Screamin Eagle Slip-ons along with the Cobra Headers. I have the same mufflers and am curious as to how they sound with the Cobra Header and are they significantly louder than they were with the stock cat head pipe. Thanks

Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Cobra duals but no cross over pipe.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GPGXP
Hi Wingfoot!

Enjoyed your post regarding the Cobra Power Port Duals, so much so I ordered a set for my 2012 Ultra Limited. I noticed that you are using the Screamin Eagle Slip-ons along with the Cobra Headers. I have the same mufflers and am curious as to how they sound with the Cobra Header and are they significantly louder than they were with the stock cat head pipe. Thanks

They SE slip-ons are noticeably louder than they were on the stock head pipe with the cat. I am happy with the sound. I can live with it on longer rides and sounds pretty sweet when you crank on it.

I bet you are going to like the setup. Post and let me know how you like them.

Rick

Last edited by wingfoot; 11-01-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Stonehedge
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed them on my 2010 Electra Glide Classic last week and love them. The fit, finish and install were great. Love the sound I have now coming out my Klockwerks 4" mufflers.

Last edited by Stonehedge; 04-15-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wingfoot
They SE slip-ons are noticeably louder than they were on the stock head pipe with the cat. I am happy with the sound. I can live with it on longer rides and sounds pretty sweet when you crank on it.

I bet you are going to like the setup. Post and let me know how you like them.

Rick
Thanks Rick for the quick response. I don't mind a bit louder as long as they have that nice deep Harley sound and that they are stereo friendly on the highway. I like the sound of the SE's now but they are pretty tame so a bit more bark will not hurt but I don't want them to be obnoxiously loud either. I'll post my results on the forum when I get them installed.

Bob

Quick Reply: Cobra Powerport Dual Headpipe