Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Powerport Dual Headpipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Rick!

I installed my new Cobra Power Port Duals today and I am very impressed. The install was real easy and the fit and finish of the product is great. I went for a 25 mile ride and the exhaust sound is notably louder with the SE's like you said they would be but it has a real nice rich deep "potato potato" sound and are still very stereo friendly. The seat of the pants dyno detected a bit more zip as well. To bad winter is starting to set in so I will have to wait till spring to really try them out. I did notice a bit of a tiny rattle sound and it appears the front head pipe heat shield is almost touching the frame so I will reposition it once the bike cools down and hopefully that will solve it.

Thanks again for your review and input.

Bob

Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Love the Cobra Power Port Duals

I had a gutted header and switched to the Cobra Power Port Duals about a month ago and the exhaust sound became quieter,I'm using the older two piece 4" SE mufflers the ones that just about everyone that tried them were sorry they bought them,this combination is really nice if you don't like loud,adding the 222 cams just made the exhaust note all the better.I just can't say enough about the Cobra headers.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Great news guys,

I enjoy mine and hope you guys do as well.

Hope you get the rattle located and fixed.

See you on the road..

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 AM
wakerider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of the cobra power port duals and the supertrapp se mufflers from the magazine shootout. Very happy with the performance and the sound of this combination. I was looking for a stereo friendly set up with good performance. If you are looking for a good price on the cobra power port header go to direct harley parts on line, they were $100 less the my local dealer and free shipping.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:53 AM
D.L.ANDER
Advanced

I HAVE 6K MILES ON MY COBRA POWERPORTS WITH JACKPOT 4" DOWNSLASH MUFFLERS AND LOVE THEM/ GOOD IDLE SOUND AND GREAT WHEN YOU HIT THE THROTTLE.HALF HOUR INSTALL

Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GPGXP
Hi Rick!

I installed my new Cobra Power Port Duals today and I am very impressed. The install was real easy and the fit and finish of the product is great. I went for a 25 mile ride and the exhaust sound is notably louder with the SE's like you said they would be but it has a real nice rich deep "potato potato" sound and are still very stereo friendly. The seat of the pants dyno detected a bit more zip as well. To bad winter is starting to set in so I will have to wait till spring to really try them out. I did notice a bit of a tiny rattle sound and it appears the front head pipe heat shield is almost touching the frame so I will reposition it once the bike cools down and hopefully that will solve it.

Thanks again for your review and input.

Bob
I tried repositioning the front head pipe heat shield but did gain much additional clearance. I removed the heat shield and made a slight bend and now the clearance is much better but the chrome cracked. The cracked chrome is not obvious once it is on the bike. After doing some searching on the forums apparently this heat shield clearance issue is fairly common. I decided to contact Cobra USA and spoke to guy by the name of Mike Lance and he was already aware of the problem and that they were in the process of making changes to correct the problem. He said that once the modifications are released from engineering to production they will send out a new heat shield to those you are having problems.

Below is a copy of his email response.

We have made a change to the front heat shield to allow more clearance. They are in production now but it will be awhile before they are completed. Stay in touch and check back with us. When they are complete we will be happy to send you a new front heat Shield at no charge. Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe.

Mike Lance - Mike.Lance@cobrausa.com

Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate

[quote=GPGXP;10605061]I tried repositioning the front head pipe heat shield but did gain much additional clearance. I removed the heat shield and made a slight bend and now the clearance is much better but the chrome cracked. The cracked chrome is not obvious once it is on the bike. After doing some searching on the forums apparently this heat shield clearance issue is fairly common. I decided to contact Cobra USA and spoke to guy by the name of Mike Lance and he was already aware of the problem and that they were in the process of making changes to correct the problem. He said that once the modifications are released from engineering to production they will send out a new heat shield to those you are having problems.

Below is a copy of his email response.

Cobra has sent me their revised front head pipe heat shield to correct the clearance issue I had from the heat shield to the frame down tube. I installed the new heat shield and clearance issue is gone and looks perfect. Cobra USA have been awesome to deal with and truly care about their customers.

Attached Thumbnails Cobra Powerport Dual Headpipe-p1020884.jpg   Cobra Powerport Dual Headpipe-p1020887.jpg  
Old 12-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Ken Dean
4th Gear

Does anyone know if this head pipe can be used on a 2015 Tri Glide?and will the V/H Tri Glide Adaptor Kit fit it?Im looking at going with this head pipe and V/H Tapered Slash Cut Slip On Mufflers on my 2015 Tri Glide. Thanks

Old 11-02-2016, 08:24 AM
BC TN
6th Gear
Default Cobra Powerport Question

I ride a '15 Road Glide Special with stock headers, Cobra Tri-Oval slip-ons, and a K&N air filter. I also installed a V&H FP3 to help take care of the decel popping I got when I put on the Cobras. Now I'm seriously thinking about ditching the stock headers and getting a set of Cobra Powerport headpipes. On some threads I've read that I may lose torque and horsepower. I'm not really looking for a big performance increase, but I sure don't want to lose performance. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:36 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BC TN
I ride a '15 Road Glide Special with stock headers, Cobra Tri-Oval slip-ons, and a K&N air filter. I also installed a V&H FP3 to help take care of the decel popping I got when I put on the Cobras. Now I'm seriously thinking about ditching the stock headers and getting a set of Cobra Powerport headpipes. On some threads I've read that I may lose torque and horsepower. I'm not really looking for a big performance increase, but I sure don't want to lose performance. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
the Cobra Power Ports are 2-1-2 system not sure how you would loose anything by replacing a stock header exhaust...I had a set and the performance finish and fitment was great....The easist header I ever installed.