Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if I buy a power commander for my set up, do I still need a remap? advice please?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if I buy a power commander for my set up, do I still need a remap? advice please?

I have a 2011 Road King FLHR. I recently bought a new set of head pipes, with new slip on mufflers. I have been running lean since, getting the occasional popping on deceleration.

I bought an arlen ness big sucker air filter. I called Harley to see about getting a super tuner that re-maps my ECM to make my bike run correctly on my set up.

I called eastern performance and the guy reccommended a power commander to me, because it was almost half the cost of a Super Tuner from Harley, and he can program it for my bike set up before he ships it, and all i have to do is plug it in?

My question is, does this make my bike run correctly, the way that Harley said I would need with the super tuner and ECM map they want 700 dollars for?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call fuel moto and tell them what you have set-up they will preprogram it for ya. Great customer service and prices and they are a sponsor. Look up above.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Call jamie or Keith at Fuel Moto for a Tuner, they can et you up with a Power Commander or Power Vision and will give you lifetime MAP support and double the warranty of the unit.

There is no reason to do the HD Stage 1 MAP, save your money.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

call fuel moto at least check them out.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

with a good canned map like you will get from fuelmoto you will be very close to spot on. some time on a dyno with a good tuner will get you the best your setup has to offer. whether or not the few extra ponies and knowing your bike is performing it's best is worth the added expence only you know........

Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Account Retired
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

paid 252 dollars for the PCIII and that included shipping. Plugged it in, no more decel popping, got like 10 more HP out of her and she is running cooler than before... Most def worth it.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 AM
paguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Power Commander site provides all the possible exhaust, engine combos. Goggle power commander, your looking at a PC V. Go to downloads and find your combo. Download the PC maps. When you get you PCV get a 9 volt battery, hook the PC with the provided USB cable and download your map.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I got the autotuner with my PCIII and I'm completely satisfied with it.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:23 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

In addition to the above comments regarding the PC. They are very user friendly and you can easily modify the map in the cruise range for better mileage.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:47 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The PCV works very well. If you want more flexibility you can add the autotune module to the PCV or even go to the Power Vision tuner. I started with the PCV, then added the autotune modules and now have the Power Vision with autotune.

Quick Reply: if I buy a power commander for my set up, do I still need a remap? advice please?