Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Carbon Fiber mufflers on 2011 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:33 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read that on a dyno until around 100hp the CAT doesn't impede airflow. It does impede sound though. A large ammount. If that's not an issue to you, then you are fine. It does generate a lot of heat. Heat that cannot be "tuned out" becuase in order to work, the CAT has to get HOT. Tuning an engine to get rid of heat richens the AFR which makes the engine run cooler and the fins more effectively dissipate the heat. It will have little if no affect on the CAT.

I would call Fuel Moto. I know the CF mufflers are supposed to be "cooler" than metal, but you will be putting a lot of heat into the right muffler. I am not sure if it will damage the CF. It does blue pipes.

I'm not an "anti-CAT" guy. I do not like how it muffled too much sound from my bike. That's why I switched. Yes, I no longer notice the oven by my right leg when I stop, but it wasn't "unbearably bad". But now that it is gone, I for sure don't miss it.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

you guys are misssing a very important thing here...that is that his soon to be wife wants the exhaust....just give it to her, you will be happier in the long run...and when you want something someday......

Old 09-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Those pipes are beautifull and sound awesome in the videos i've seen. I dont know if i could NOT change the headers.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those Carbon Fiber Cans are sweet... I wonder if I can bolt them on in place of my Reinhart cans... Something tells me they wont... Reinhart headpipes are a different diameter.. Can anybody confirm?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
Those Carbon Fiber Cans are sweet... I wonder if I can bolt them on in place of my Reinhart cans... Something tells me they wont... Reinhart headpipes are a different diameter.. Can anybody confirm?
From FM's website:

CNC Machined Billet Inlet / Endcap
Inlet and Outlet Caps, along with the Mounting Brackets are precisely CNC machined from solid 6061 Billet Aluminum stock which are then polished to a mirror finish. "Multi-Directional" Slash Cut endcaps allow for "Slash-Up, Slash-Down, Slash-Out, Slash-In" configuration. Billet End Caps have "cavity machining" for lightweight and allows the end caps to be packed with heat insulating Silent Sport Premium as well. Billet Mounting Brackets are precisely machined to match the radius of the muffler shell for maximum "footprint". They are secured with high sheer strength stainless steel rivets that penetrate through the carbon fiber shell into precisely formed stainless steel inner backing plates. Mounting bolt threads are machined deep and full length, with new bolt/washers included. Billet Inlet Caps feature oversize spigot runners and full length, press fit, stainless steel inserts for maximum strength and precise fit onto OEM headpipes. Stainless steel low profile exhaust clamps are included. End Caps are carefully bonded and secured to the carbon fiber shells with a 2000 degree aerospace bonding agent, then four stainless steel button head screws are loctited into place for an extremely precise fit.

They will not fit on Rinehart TDs.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Sailrider, I don't know anything about the Xieds, but I suspect that they enrich the mixture and offset any marginal increased flow from the mufflers. You don't mention whether you have a hi-flow intake, but if you do then some kind of tuner will be needed since that is the component that most contributes to a potential lean tune. Perhaps the Xieds do that for you.