Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Carbon Fiber mufflers on 2011 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Fuel Moto Carbon Fiber mufflers on 2011 Street Glide

My fiancé wants the Fuel Moto carbon fiber mufflers on her new 2011 Street Glide. I am wondering what is the advantage / disadvantage to staying with the stock, cat equipped head pipe or should we go ahead and get the Fuel Moto head pipes as well ? not concerned about Power or performance as she came from a 750 Honda and the Street glide has more power stock than she will ever use.

If we do just the Carbon Fiber mufflers will she also need a fuel tuner ? The bike already has Xied's to richen the mixture for heat issues.

Let's hear some opinions but remember not really interested in increasing power.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No brainer...get the FM stainless/ceramic headers

Old 09-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm one of those that maintain that the catalyst does not impede airflow significantly, and if you can live with the heat (and I have), then why spend money needlessly?

Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Sounds to me like the head pipe's not an issue for you. Don't spend the money if you don't need to.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
Sounds to me like the head pipe's not an issue for you. Don't spend the money if you don't need to.
+1 on that. I have the CFs on my 2007 ultra classic as part of a FM stage 1. They look great and sound good too.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
+1 on that. I have the CFs on my 2007 ultra classic as part of a FM stage 1. They look great and sound good too.
Did you also add a PCV or other tuner ?

Pastor John, I am leaning towards that way too. The head pipe heat thus far has not been an issue.

I guess I should ask Jamie at Fuel Moto but wondering if I just add the mufflers will the tuner be needed ?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor John
I'm one of those that maintain that the catalyst does not impede airflow significantly, and if you can live with the heat (and I have), then why spend money needlessly?
Originally Posted by '05Train
Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
+1 and can I get an AMEN, brothers?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sailrider 1
Did you also add a PCV or other tuner ?

Pastor John, I am leaning towards that way too. The head pipe heat thus far has not been an issue.

I guess I should ask Jamie at Fuel Moto but wondering if I just add the mufflers will the tuner be needed ?

Yes, I had FM set me up with the whole shebang (AC, PCV, and slip-ons) roughly a year ago. Up to then I'd just run her stock. The whole reason I got the Stage 1 kit was that I was having to work my tail off to keep up with my two buddies I ride with the most who both have Screaming Eagles with 103s. I was having to push it too hard in the twisties to keep up with them. It wasn't a handling issue, but they could just accelerate away from me out of the turn. I was putting the power on so far in front of the apex to match their acceleration I wanted a few more R's and to get them quicker than the stock bike had. It still isn't up to the SE performance but it was a lot closer and I felt like I wasn't having to ride 9/10ths to not drop behind too far.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:37 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

BTW, the Jackpot Carbon Fiber mufflers look and sound great. Excellent choice.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 AM
porterjet
Tourer

Can't help on the mufflers but I too am in the camp of "tune it first and the so called cat heat problem will take care of itself". The rest of the heat is because it is an air cooled engine without an enclosure to contain it.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Carbon Fiber mufflers on 2011 Street Glide