Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather tool roll up pouch ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,986 Likes on 18,646 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
Thanks guys for your input so far. I just need to know how long is your longest tool you would put in there?

Thanks.

Isabel
I don't know ... hmmm ... asking a brother how long his tool is .... I'm just sayin'

Old 10-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 606 Likes on 328 Posts

Here is our second version:

It is bigger to accommodate more tools. It has a bigger flap on top for more room. If I made compartments on the top flap too, there would be a chance that the tools can fall out, so I prefer to keep them inside.

The nice thing about this pouch is, that it is leather and not some kind of slick synthetic material. The inside is suede, which really helps to keep the tools in place. They don't slide much at all.

Take a look at the pics. This bag is 12 inches long, which means that tools up to 11.5 inches fit in there.

Please let me know if we're getting closer.

Isabel

Attached Thumbnails Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2154.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2155.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2152.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2156.jpg  

Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Freebee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You Build it...They will come !!

Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 PM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Isabel

I like the zipper pouch ... please, no velcro!

Are you thinking about dying the leather, black, brown, or leave it natural? Just thinking about sun faded leather if you want to hang the bag on the front forks. Is there a UV resistant - anti fadingtreatment you could put on the leather? And what about waterproofing?

Also, please think about making room for the high dollar air pump for the touring suspension (HD Part#54630-03A). I have been carrying mine around in the original box for over a year and it's about to fall apart.

I think you've got a good idea and if you had a few different styles and sizes, you should sell a bunch of them.

Mike

Last edited by mike5380; 10-18-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Add part number
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 PM
aktid35
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would do it like a chef knife roll I used to use when I was still in the kitchen on a daily basis. long top flap total dimension 18" tall" 24" long: with the flap able to fold over about 8" snaps for the top flap, on the inner of the pouch. buckles to hold the roll in place. and a handle for carrying.

Attached Thumbnails Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-chefknivestogo_2178_1962124.jpg  
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 PM
FLTRU4ME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where does my sockets go? lol I like it.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 PM
DbbleD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed

Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, duplicate post

Last edited by Dionicio; 10-18-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
Here is our second version:

It is bigger to accommodate more tools. It has a bigger flap on top for more room. If I made compartments on the top flap too, there would be a chance that the tools can fall out, so I prefer to keep them inside.

The nice thing about this pouch is, that it is leather and not some kind of slick synthetic material. The inside is suede, which really helps to keep the tools in place. They don't slide much at all.

Take a look at the pics. This bag is 12 inches long, which means that tools up to 11.5 inches fit in there.

Please let me know if we're getting closer.

Isabel
I want one. When will it be available and how much?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 PM
S1dewinder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I would want would be:

1. Your tool pouch, with individual 'cells' sewn for a specific tool. Specifically for that tool. Make it a Craftsman tool (as long as they're still made in the USA, if not, go Mac or Blue Point or SnapOn or whatever). Sell the whole deal - wrap, tools, and all. This would be expensive but the wealthy riders could be sold to by catering to the simplicity of the solution, and the ability to be instantly prepared for emergencies by just simply pulling out their credit cards. You could offer this, and especially if it was Craftsman, as soon as you get an order you could run to the store and buy the tools and ship the same or the next day.

2. That same tool pouch, minus the tools. But, provide a list of what tool goes in what pouch. Give the part number for each cell. That way I can buy your pouch then add the tools as I get the cash. If you provide the part number I can be sure I'm buying the correct tool for the cell, and the tool won't fit all sloppy, or not fit at all. (This is the option I'd chose).

Just a suggestion. I sure do wish I had a tool pouch that contained all the essential tools, and wasn't sloppy as hell.

E

Quick Reply: Leather tool roll up pouch ?