Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather tool roll up pouch ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
went to order one....normally if you pay with paypal...you don't need to fill out shipping info....so I'll have to come back when I'm sober...belly dancers are distracting.
You are certainly excused, Sir...

Old 10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats approx diameter when rolled up ?

Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Hey Isabell,
Just an idea, what if you could make it narrower but the full length of a hard saddlebag so you could could roll it flatter and it would lay on the bottom of the bag so it wasn't quite so high as a rolled up roll. That way you could put more stuff on top of the roll. Oh yea count me in for one when you get them finished.
Santa

Old 10-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer

Originally Posted by santajim
Hey Isabell,
Just an idea, what if you could make it narrower but the full length of a hard saddlebag so you could could roll it flatter and it would lay on the bottom of the bag so it wasn't quite so high as a rolled up roll. That way you could put more stuff on top of the roll. Oh yea count me in for one when you get them finished.
Santa
Good point. I'll look into that. How are you doing SantaJim? Is the "Red Sled" all cleaned and shiny for the coming Holiday Season? It's gonna be here before you know it.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:47 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
Here is our second version:

It is bigger to accommodate more tools. It has a bigger flap on top for more room. If I made compartments on the top flap too, there would be a chance that the tools can fall out, so I prefer to keep them inside.

The nice thing about this pouch is, that it is leather and not some kind of slick synthetic material. The inside is suede, which really helps to keep the tools in place. They don't slide much at all.

Take a look at the pics. This bag is 12 inches long, which means that tools up to 11.5 inches fit in there.

Please let me know if we're getting closer.

Isabel

I like this concept, with the zippered side pouch, individual compartments and fold-over flap.

I'm struggling with the 12" height and leather strap ties.

For those of use who don't have/use tour packs, our saddlebag space is precious to us. Therefore, I'd like to see an option that either: a) will store in the bottom of the saddlebag, perpendicular to the frame, so that you can snug it up to the rear of the bag, or b) will store vertically at either end of the saddlebag.

Either option would have to fold up like a wallet, so that it would present a flat surface. Also, sewn velcro closures would be nice!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Hi Isabel
Fenderguy53's idea and mine are about the same about it being folded not rolled and I think laying in the bottom of the bag the full length could make it possible to put two rows of tool pockets lengthwise running from the front to the rear of the bag. I think this would make it lay flatter.
The Red Sled is just saying "Come on Christmas" and I have gotten tons of compliments on your work.
HOHOHO
Santa

Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain(B)itch
Just give me the dimensions, and I'll look at it.

Isabel
Isabel, You can see the air pump on HD's website under part number 54630-03A. I'm attaching two photos of it. One photo shows the pump in the protective foam supplied in the box. The pump is 8 1/2" long, 3 1/8" tall from bottom of the cylinder to top of the guage, and 1 1/2" deep. The foam is 10 1/2L x 4w x 2d.

FWIW - I really like the idea that Fenderguy53 has about a tool pouch that stores at the bottom of the bag full length and folds rather than rolls. I think that is a much more custom approach and very appealing.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img-20111022-00001.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img-20111022-00002.jpg  

Last edited by mike5380; 10-22-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome thread and I will be purchasing one. Thanks for making such a great product. I hate the cheap harley one.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer

Originally Posted by papifun
whats approx diameter when rolled up ?
Rolled up with the tools below in it, it's 5" diameter.

Attached Thumbnails Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2185.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2186.jpg  
Old 10-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer

Originally Posted by FenderGuy53
I like this concept, with the zippered side pouch, individual compartments and fold-over flap.

I'm struggling with the 12" height and leather strap ties.

For those of use who don't have/use tour packs, our saddlebag space is precious to us. Therefore, I'd like to see an option that either: a) will store in the bottom of the saddlebag, perpendicular to the frame, so that you can snug it up to the rear of the bag, or b) will store vertically at either end of the saddlebag.

Either option would have to fold up like a wallet, so that it would present a flat surface. Also, sewn velcro closures would be nice!
Originally Posted by santajim
Hi Isabel
Fenderguy53's idea and mine are about the same about it being folded not rolled and I think laying in the bottom of the bag the full length could make it possible to put two rows of tool pockets lengthwise running from the front to the rear of the bag. I think this would make it lay flatter.
The Red Sled is just saying "Come on Christmas" and I have gotten tons of compliments on your work.
HOHOHO
Santa
I have played around with this idea today and this is what I did. It doesn't have zipper pocket, because I just can't find long brass zippers in this short time. We live in the boonies here in TN, and we can't get everything easy. I have to shop online somewhere.
But this thing is 20 inches across, which I measured in Larry's saddlebag. I don't know how to close this yet other than with a tie. I thought about Velcro too, but that is tricky, because depending on how much stuff people put in there, I have to sew the Velcro in different places. It has pockets on both sides and 2 elastic straps to keep the tools in place. But I will kick this around a little longer and keep you posted.

Isabel

Attached Thumbnails Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2187.jpg   Leather tool roll up pouch  ?-img_2188.jpg  

Quick Reply: Leather tool roll up pouch ?