Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather tool roll up pouch ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain(B)itch
I have played around with this idea today and this is what I did. It doesn't have zipper pocket, because I just can't find long brass zippers in this short time. We live in the boonies here in TN, and we can't get everything easy. I have to shop online somewhere.
But this thing is 20 inches across, which I measured in Larry's saddlebag. I don't know how to close this yet other than with a tie. I thought about Velcro too, but that is tricky, because depending on how much stuff people put in there, I have to sew the Velcro in different places. It has pockets on both sides and 2 elastic straps to keep the tools in place. But I will kick this around a little longer and keep you posted.

Isabel
Isabel now that you have so many suggestions as to what to build i have one more! How bout a pouch that is the same size as the bottom of the tour pack. It would hold twice as many tools and wouldnt restrict the use of saddlebag luggage on long trips. Lord knows i can barely close my lid as it is. If i add a larger tool pouch than the stock one the wife would have to leave a pair of shoes at home!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
Hi Isabel
Fenderguy53's idea and mine are about the same about it being folded not rolled and I think laying in the bottom of the bag the full length could make it possible to put two rows of tool pockets lengthwise running from the front to the rear of the bag. I think this would make it lay flatter.
The Red Sled is just saying "Come on Christmas" and I have gotten tons of compliments on your work.
HOHOHO
Santa
ya....thats what i was trying to explain....then can put my harley soft luggage bags and almost no bumps and safe space...

Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
aktid35
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
hmm..how about a tool pouch that would be about same level and length of the hard saddle bags that would come just about flush on both sides of the saddle bag grove (hump) ? hope you get what im trying to say
Eglidegoodies already produced what you are talking about, looks pretty slick but at $70 I won't be finding out how nice they are. Although what is great is the lid strap caddy for the top strap of your hardbags, have one of those and finally have a place to stick my insureance registration and personal effects when it rains.

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id226.html

Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Isabel
You have the idea down except for one thing, the length is perfect but I was thinking about it being like a trifold wallet and that way it would lay pretty flat in the bottom of the saddlebag. I love the way you put the elastic strap, my spark plug socket is always falling out of my POS HD roll. Oh yea and different size pockets would be great that way we could stuff it custom, as far as the zipper pocket maybe sell the as a separate item or include them but not attach them, just a thought.
Santa

Last edited by santajim; 10-23-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Isabel now that you have so many suggestions as to what to build i have one more! How bout a pouch that is the same size as the bottom of the tour pack. It would hold twice as many tools and wouldnt restrict the use of saddlebag luggage on long trips. Lord knows i can barely close my lid as it is. If i add a larger tool pouch than the stock one the wife would have to leave a pair of shoes at home!
Originally Posted by santajim
Isabel
You have the idea down except for one thing, the length is perfect but I was thinking about it being like a trifold wallet and that way it would lay pretty flat in the bottom of the saddlebag. I love the way you put the elastic strap, my spark plug socket is always falling out of my POS HD roll. Oh yea and different size pockets would be great that way we could stuff it custom, as far as the zipper pocket maybe sell the as a separate item or include them but not attach them, just a thought.
Santa
@Coolerman69
Please look at my post #70. That one can lay flat instead of being rolled up. So that's a start.

@SantaJim
The #70 version can be expanded with another layer. Right now it double folds in the bottom of the saddlebags, but I can add another layer and make it 3. That might also give me room for the zipper pocket. I'll work on it later today.

GUYS, YOU SURE DON'T GIVE ME DAY OFF!!!!...

Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 AM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ain't that the truth! I had to open it one time to fix something on the wife's scooter. Took me an hour after getting home to get it tightened down enough so things quit falling out. It's in the saddlebag again, but never plan on opening it again.

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
I have a stock harley touring roll up and don't like it becuase everything fits so loose in the slots and the slots are so short, that once you untie it, everything falls out.

would like one with deeper slots and more slots so things would be tight fitting.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got a better idea. Instead of making it trifold to hold more tools. Make it full length so it will lay flat. Everybody buy two, one for each saddle bag. That way, it will balance the weight. JMO

Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 610 Likes on 329 Posts

Well here is the finished product we are asking $40.00 with free shipping this weekend..They are built very well and this will last a very long time..Thanks..

Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 71,802 Likes on 21,728 Posts

Just bought one.. Thanx Larry and Izabel!!
Quality product from quality people!!
My wife said to be sure and send some more of your koozies too
Steve in Rapid City South Dakota

Last edited by lionsm13; 10-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Mrs.Itch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Just bought one.. Thanx Larry and Izabel!!
Quality product from quality people!!
My wife said to be sure and send some more of your koozies too
Steve in Rapid City South Dakota
Will do. Did you get the coozies with the front AND the backside print?

Quick Reply: Leather tool roll up pouch ?