Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED's Installed On 2012 Electra Glide Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
hawgwildterry
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default LED's Installed On 2012 Electra Glide Limited W/Video

Just finished installing Ride Time Technology LED Progressive Scan Tour-Pak Lights, LED Rear Fender Tip Run/Brake Light, LED Front Fender Tip Light With Smoked Lens.

Kuryakyn Panacea LED Rear Tail Light, Panacea Rear LED Turn Signals, Panacea Front LED Turn Signals all set to run in Panacea Mode On The Panacea Controller Unit.

I like the setup and hope it will keep the dumba$$ from running into me......I know....good luck with that.

Short YouTube video if interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdBeS63gjM

Last edited by hawgwildterry; 10-23-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:52 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup. LED is the only way to go.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 PM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job.Looks great. I did the less all the way around. Trucklite headlight and Kury spots. (pics in profile)

Last edited by wheelman38; 10-23-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Hobbymike
Advanced

nice!

Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 PM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member

Hawg....did you do the work yourself or have someone else do it? I'm really interested in the progressive LED tour pak lights and the light bar they sell, not sure if I want to do all the work myself tho.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LEDs Yes

Hawg, great minds and all that....
I had the Kury LEDs and Panacea set up on my Heritage... loved 'em;
took 'em off and put 'em on the Ultra and they are great there as well;
added the LED brake/turn rear fender tip; moved the LED run/turn mirrors from the Heritage to the Ultra; like the incandescent front fender tip -- left it OEM; lookin' at a couple more LEDs for the rear... the next one for me is the tour-pak LED (got the run/turn/brake incandescents now), but want to move to the LED funtions... I like your progressive look.... hmmmm...

Old 10-30-2011, 08:23 PM
hawgwildterry
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pastime
Hawg....did you do the work yourself or have someone else do it? I'm really interested in the progressive LED tour pak lights and the light bar they sell, not sure if I want to do all the work myself tho.
Sucked it up and did all the work myself. It really wasn't all that hard once I made up my mind and started doing the work. I had already installed the HD Y Harness that turned the Tour-Pak lights into Run/Turn/Brake Lights. I disconnected the Y Harness from the Tour-Pak and put the lights back to stock but left the wire harness in the trunk. The Ride Time LED setup tell you to tap the turn signal wires under the seat and ahead of the Panacea module. As I already had the Y Harness already in the trunk, I just tapped the turn signal wires from it.

The one thing I would recommend if you are going to install the Ride Time LED's is to use a hot blow dryer or heat gun on low. I used my heat gun on low and took my time heating the red lens. Working from the outside of the red lens I slowly pried the red lens loose from the inner most corner. I kept the heat going on the lens until it popped off. I heated up the black goop on the red lens before reinstalling the lens and it resealed itself.

As I said, it's really pretty easy.