Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Road Glide Ultra owner has a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Medic Tim
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Road Glide Ultra owner has a question

Just brought my new 2011 RGU home yesterday. I am upgrading from a Kawa Vulcan Nomad, and can't believe the difference in the ride.

My question is, Doesn't the Road Glide Ultra include the audio headsets as standard equipment. I thought it did, but didn't get them with my bike.

Last edited by Medic Tim; 11-23-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: need to check
Old 11-23-2011, 08:05 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Medic Tim
Just brought my new 2011 RGU home yesterday. I am upgrading from a Kawa Vulcan Nomad, and can't believe the difference in the ride.

My question is, Doesn't the Road Glide Ultra include the audio headsets as standard equipment. I thought it did, but didn't get them with my bike.

Short answer: YES.

Also, Welcome to the forum, Congrats on your upgrade on your scooter.

If this was a "pre-owned" bike, the pre-owner may have kept the head sets. If you purchased as a left-over 2011' model, I would go back to the dealer and request the head set that were left out of the sale of your motorcycle.

Ride Safe & Enjoy!

YELLOWBIRD

Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Medic Tim
2nd Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. The bike is New only 6 miles on it. I ask the salesman yesterday this very question, and he said he didn't think the headset came with it. Also had no hard copy of the owners manual for the bike. Going back to dealer today to resolve these issues.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 AM
ChromeYellow67
Cruiser

If it's the same as 2009, I got one headset, you are on the hook for the other.

However, when I traded mine in, I kept both headsets, the one that came with it, and the one I bought.

You also get bags that go in the saddlebags and tour pack. I kept them too, to put in my RGC. The dealer gave me a fair price for mine, but why pay for those things, especially when the dealer doesn't ask for them. Those headsets are 190 each, and I think the set of bags is about 250.

Going back and re-reading your post, it seems you bought a new one. Hmmmm.

I would be calling and asking. The Dealer I worked at started taking that stuff out of the bikes, and giving it to folks at delivery. They were getting stolen off the floor, maybe that is the case here.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Medic Tim
2nd Gear

That's prolly the case here. So it is supposed to be 2 headsets? I can't find the specifics anywhere else.

Thanks again.

I had 42000 miles on my Vulcan, 35 states and 2 Providences of Canada. I have a scala rider multi-set. My son and I took a 22 state ride in 2009, being able to talk to him while riding was great. I want the ability to talk to my passenger, and don't want to pay extra for something that comes as standard equipment.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:23 AM
mtnbkr53
Intermediate
Wink

I bought mine Labor day weekend 2010. It came with one headset-had to purchase a second one. It also came with 2 saddlebag and one tourpack bag. These were part of purchase price and included with new bike. You should ask whats up with yours being missing. Lord knows you should get all you pay for at these prices!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 AM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

You get one head set and the saddlebag and tourpack bags. Go back to the dealer and get what is owed to you.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:52 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Aside from the headset issue, congratulations on the new ride! Hope you get the issue resolved with no difficulty.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-23-2011, 08:53 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I have purchased 2 new Electra Glides. Both of them came with 1 new headset. I thought that was the case with the Road Glide Ultra as well. I would ask the dealer where the thing is. They are expensive if you have to buy one.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:05 AM
ChromeYellow67
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Medic Tim
That's prolly the case here. So it is supposed to be 2 headsets? I can't find the specifics anywhere else.

Thanks again.

I had 42000 miles on my Vulcan, 35 states and 2 Providences of Canada. I have a scala rider multi-set. My son and I took a 22 state ride in 2009, being able to talk to him while riding was great. I want the ability to talk to my passenger, and don't want to pay extra for something that comes as standard equipment.

No, you get one, I bought the other. sorry if my post was confusing, but you are owed one. Also make sure you got the bags I mentioned. I know I saw those in the bags of the bikes I was looking at prior to buying my custom.

If I'd gotten an Ultra, that comes with the new bags, I might have given up mine!

Quick Reply: New Road Glide Ultra owner has a question