Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some questions for those with 4 inch Rineharts

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got some questions for those with 4 inch Rineharts

I just bought a set of 4 inch Rineharts from a dealer off ebay. They are brand new, never installed. They came in a sealed Rinehart box completely wrapped in factory protection. Immediately after opening them I noticed that both mufflers have a crease that looks like it will be on the inside of the muffler after mounting it. BOTH mufflers have this crease. Are they supposed to have this or did my mufflers get damaged in shipping somehow. The dealer says he has no idea and just wants me to return them but that seems like a hassle if they're supposed to be like this. Can someone with 4 inch RH's tell me if yours also have the crease shows in the pic below?

Secondly, does anyone know of a way to mate the 1 3/4 slip-on inlet with the Rinehart true dual 2 inch head pipe? I didn't realize the true duals were 2 inch and now I might be buying a set of Vance and Hines head pipes that have the 1 3/4 opening so these will fit. Any other suggestions?

Here's a pic of the crease I'm talking about...the second muffler has one as well.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:45 PM
bigdady
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that indent is for clearance for the shock bolt. as for the true duels you are going to have to get some sort of bushing if you want to put those mufflers on or replace your head pipe

Old 12-03-2011, 03:45 PM
bagger76
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make the 4" to fit 1 3/4 and 2" head pipes, you have to know what size you want. and mine are creased to clear my axle on a 08 so yours might be creased to clear other items,

Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bagger76
They make the 4" to fit 1 3/4 and 2" head pipes, you have to know what size you want. and mine are creased to clear my axle on a 08 so yours might be creased to clear other items,
Yeah, I didn't realize that when I bought these. I've contacted Rinehart and they told me that they don't sell just the slip ons with the 2 inch inlet. According to Tyler at Rinehart they will not sell the 2 inch mufflers without the true dual head pipes. So, if that's the case, since I already have the 4 inch with the 1 3/4 inlet, I'm probably going to move to Vance and Hines dresser duals or spend a bit of time exploring reducers in the hopes of using these with my RH true duals.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:17 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdady
that indent is for clearance for the shock bolt.